Speaking Of Stickers....need Measurements

Coltsfan1

Just bought a pace car sticker kit from Phoenix. Can anyone give me locations to reference from. Like from front door edge back and up from body mold?? Thanks

kwiktsi

Those were owner applied, so I don't know if there is really an exact measurement? I'm sure others with more knowledge will chime in though :).

Look at the pic, measure straight down from the front point of the mirror, lets just say 6 1/2" from the door gap, its hard to be exact when everyone you see will be a little different.. just a thought.

TTA855

White lightning drinker
I'm with Coltsfan1 (and not just because I too am a Colts fan). I bought my TTA brand new, and did not put the decals on. I left them off because I wanted to preserve them, and also because I thought they were a little ostentatious. But at the 25 year mark, the time was right to apply the door decals, because I was afraid they might deteriorate to the point I couldn't separate them from the backing without tearing them, and also because the car is now a classic and it needs to look like one! (I'm with Robert on the windshield; my "Pontiac" sticker is still in the box).
Regarding placement of the door decals, I just looked at pictures on the net of the official Indy 500 pace cars, and copied them.

SouthBaySurfer

I just went out and measured mine. Decal is 6 inches back from door edge. Bottom of letters are an inch and a half above the molding. This is from #14, a Festival Car. From all the pictures I've seen, the Festival Cars came off the truck with the decals on them, so I figure PAS probably installed them.

Coltsfan1

Thanks alot southbay.......I was hoping to have them on already but they are still on the bench....need done by labor day. Taking the tta and gn to a nice show.

Top Bottom