Thank You! To ALL who attended this weekends TTA reunion!

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
Just waking up this morning and still feel like a truck ran over me but I wanted to post up and say, Thank You to all who brought their TTA's out and for all who could not bring their cars out but attended! It was a awesome ride the last 2 years building and planning this event up! I had a great time and enjoyed meeting everyone and shaking hands more then anything! Sorry if i didn't get around to meeting and shaking anyone's hand, but I was getting pulled in every direction the entire weekend! I have attended and helped out with this event over the last few years and this year I didn't get a second of rest and I would not have had it any other way for you guys!

It's always hard to get a feeling about a person you talk to over the internet and you never know what to expect when you meet the person, but everyone I met was first class all the way! I've honestly never met a more amazing group of people from all over the country! Turbo Trans Am owners are with out a doubt an over all family of people! You guys (and gals) ROCK! :thumbup:

Thank you Thank you Thank you again for making this event amazing. I think our car count was right around the 50 mark and after looking back I think my head would have exploded if we went over 100! Maybe next time we can try for that!

Reading the post on here and facebook it really looks like everyone had a great time and enjoyed the entire event and that's what my goal was and it looks like it worked. That was my reward for you guys to enjoy and take it all in!

I would also like to thank everyone who helped me with the event as I could not have done it without you guys. When I needed help with something there was always someone there ready to help with a smile and that made a world of difference! It was a lot of hard work but in the end as I look back, it paid off!

It seemed I picked the most anal group of judges for the cars and they did a hands down amazing job judging all the cars. It's VERY hard to judge so many of the same car. You really have to look at every small nut and bolt to be fair about it all. It takes time, work, and a lot of sweat to do! After looking over the judging forums and looking at the cars my self, they could not have done a better job with that task! While the reunion was more or less a "display" of turbo trans am's and not really a car show of sorts. I tossed in the show part of it just to award the cars that attended who are hard core show guys and gals something for their hard efforts out there showing their cars year after year.

Sorry for the event shirts being sold out in 2 hours! I hauled so much stuff to the event I thought if I put one more box in my truck the wheels were going to fall off! But have not fear. I used a local shop that I work with and I already ordered more and we'll have them up here for sale soon. I originally had a sponsor for the shirts so we could actually give them away but that also fell thru on me in the days before the event so I do apologize about that as it was pretty much out of my control and these things happen. Seemed to be the only glitch I ran into over all in the event. I didn't get a chance to really look over everything left over but I may have some of the magnet dash plaques to sell for those who didn't make it or want an extra or two. But I'll post a thread up once I get all that sorted out.

So once again THANK YOU to everyone who was involved in the event! Now to work on Pontiac High Performance on getting us in their publication!

Turbota6

Thanks for all your hard work on this Jim! But you did forget the one other glitch...name tags! :wall: Do I get an award for fanciest...and only...name tag? LOL Don't worry people, I'm just busting his chops a little.

Thanks to all that attended and also that stopped by my little swap spot. I'm glad I was able to meet so many owners and help them find some cool items. I hope you enjoy them. Just wish I would've had more time to walk around and meet and talk with more people.

Finally made it home at 2:30am this morning. I got a little bit of a late start but there were several delays along the way with traffic jams and night time construction. So 9.5 hours turned into 12 hours with stops and detours. :bash: I haven't had any soda or energy drinks in a couple months but I went thru 2 Red Bulls & a Diet Dr. Pepper! Now it's time to unload the rental car.

Again, had a blast! I hope the next time will be even better!

Mike Arrigo

I had a great time and enjoyed talking to everyone and seeing all the wonderful cars that were in awesome shape. I enjoyed listening to Scott and Bill and hearing the real stories behind the cars and answered many of the questions we all had. They were both great guys and I am looking forward to the website that will hopefully be put together within the next 6 months.

Thanks you Jim for all your hard work and for putting this all together and it was perfect! By the way, your car looked amazing.

Driving my car the 1K mile round trip was super fun and I even picked up a street race on the way to the show. :) Just like old times. These cars are a testament to the work that was done by Scott, Bill and the people who put them together and I am sure they will still be looking good in another 20 years with the group of people I saw this weekend.

Thanks again and maybe next time we can do something at Indy and push for 75 cars. Mike (AKA: Strobey LOL)

Nick Wise

Had a great time, despite all the car trouble on the way out, and back. Thanks to all who helped out whether it was suggestions on what to check, or just.moral support. It definitely shows the togetherness of the people on this forum when about 15-20 of the members come up to me to shake my hand and congratulate me on making it there after they.read about some trouble I was having on the forum. Special thanks to Rob(89TTA636) and his wife Cindy for sticking with me through the whole ordeal. Jim, you out did yourself with the show. It was a great turnout, and very organized, and like you said, everyone from BPG was great and welcomed us all. I signed up for a 3 year membership because of this, and made some new friends along the way. Every night it was a party in the Hampton parking lot with everyone and anyone swapping stories and sharing a cold one. I hope we can all do this again sometime and have another great turnout. I will definitely be there.

Nick Wise

Nick how was the ride back?
Unfortunately, about the same as the trip out there. Pretty sure I know what's wrong, just not sure how to go about trouble shooting. I will start a thread about it later. I think round-trip the car left me sit about 13-14 times. BTW, it was good meeting you, sorry I wasn't a little more sociable as I was Still working on the car the entire time I was there.
Maybe next time we will get to see yours.

TTA976

Silver Member
This event was great!!!

Thanks for all your hard work and planning guys!

Words can't explain how thankful I am to have attended this event.

:toot:

Sweet6

It was a great event. I was happy to have made it. There were some unbelievably clean cars there. I wish I had cleaned my car up before the trip. lol Oh well I just wanted to participate and have a good time.

I agree speakers were great. It was great to hear the behind the scenes stories.

frankgn87

epic vacation!!!(really? NO rest!!!!) in Ohio.. Judging was brutal. We had to look at bolts to see if there was any fly dung on them to deduct points!..

8289ta

Silver Member
Unfortunately, about the same as the trip out there. Pretty sure I know what's wrong, just not sure how to go about trouble shooting. I will start a thread about it later. I think round-trip the car left me sit about 13-14 times. BTW, it was good meeting you, sorry I wasn't a little more sociable as I was Still working on the car the entire time I was there.
Maybe next time we will get to see yours.
Yes - next one I don't care if I have to buy a trailer and truck, it will make it there.

When was all this racing done? I got there around 12 on saturday and i seemed to miss everything. All the regals seemed to be scattered as well as the rest of the TTA owners. It was almost like i was the new kid in school.

8289ta

Silver Member
When was all this racing done? I got there around 12 on saturday and i seemed to miss everything. All the regals seemed to be scattered as well as the rest of the TTA owners. It was almost like i was the new kid in school.
I am not sure about the racing, but around mi day, all the TTA's were moved for pictures, and then parked so we could go listen in on the Q and A session with Bill Owen and Scott Kelly. There was racing going on while he presentation was going on.

72firebird

Super Moderator
Jim, thanks for putting all your time into putting the event together. It was nice seeing that many TTAs together and getting the chance to hear some of the behind the scenes stories from the speakers. It was also nice finally meeting so many of the board members.

yeah i was part of that picture and walked up for the presentation, but never saw any trans ams racing.
Most of the TTAs were just running time trials so they got most of their runs on Friday. I know Jarred ran his car a couple of times on Saturday but he ran during the presentations.

But anyway thanks Jim for putting it all together, and how do i get one of those magnets? Since i came late, the judges said they would come back with one, but never did.

2QUIK6

That was a great event! Thanks Jim and all the others who had a hand in putting this together!! That has to be the largest gathering of TTA's ever aside from Indy back in '89!!
I'll get some of the most awesome pics up in a day or two..beat right now...including that great pic you had me take Jim :D

great show @ event guys @gals, i left about 9.30 am sun morning, went back to ga a different way to see my mother in n.c, got home about 3 pm today.have a lot of good pics to post later,like jim said everone was first class! it was a sight to see all those cars lined up with scott kelly in front:toot:

89tta636

Jim, ditto on everything everyone said. I had one of the best times of my life this weekend. But what also made it so successful in addition to your amazing efforts was everyone that was able to make it there as well as those who couldn't attend but were there in their hearts. Thanks for the "Cool Fire Extinguisher" award on Sunday morning. lol. I already have a spot for it.

Nick, I always love a challenge and you definitely had one for the weekend. Glad we got to know each other as well as we did.

Interesting how cars do bring people together. I had made contact with a member of the site that I grew up with and hadn't seen or spoke to in 24 years and him and his family made to drive in their car from Long Island with me and then Nick joined the line on the way too as we came past his town. Here is a shot of my sideview mirror on the PA Turnpike. Even picked up the truckers on the CB making comments.

TTA984

Gold Member
Jim, ditto on everything everyone said. I had one of the best times of my life this weekend. But what also made it so successful in addition to your amazing efforts was everyone that was able to make it there as well as those who couldn't attend but were there in their hearts. Thanks for the "Cool Fire Extinguisher" award on Sunday morning. lol. I already have a spot for it.

Nick, I always love a challenge and you definitely had one for the weekend. Glad we got to know each other as well as we did.

Interesting how cars do bring people together. I had made contact with a member of the site that I grew up with and hadn't seen or spoke to in 24 years and him and his family made to drive in their car from Long Island with me and then Nick joined the line on the way too as we came past his town. Here is a shot of my sideview mirror on the PA Turnpike. Even picked up the truckers on the CB making comments.

That a cool mirror pic!!!

A huge thanks goes out to Jim for coordinating all of this. I think everything went off without a hitch. I really enjoyed meeting everyone, looking at all of the cars, and putting faces to names.

My car really let me down, but it is 22 years old. I hope I took all of the problems for everyone and dumped them on mine.

Thanks again everyone!!

Top Bottom