Tta #1278 At Barrett-jackson Las Vegas 2018

dklumpp

27000, 29700 paid with buyers premium. I just can't believe that average grand Nationals bring 30k plus and they made over 30000 of them but a ultra low production low mileage TTA brings the same money. Crazy to me

27000, 29700 paid with buyers premium. I just can't believe that average grand Nationals bring 30k plus and they made over 30000 of them but a ultra low production low mileage TTA brings the same money. Crazy to me
People still aren't in the know I guess. Marketing wasn't great, just average back then. Also, JMO, people were gun shy back in the 80's regarding performance of turbocharged small-ish c.i. engines in the F-body world because of the 1980 turbo trans am. No offense, but those didn't perform as well as the V8 F-bodys of the day. That stigma remained throughout the 80's. Somehow the Buick's got past that with better marketing and sheer numbers, but most guys back then were like "V6 vs V8, it's a no brainer, V8!!" I waxed so many of those guys!! Anyway, just my theory.

dklumpp

You are probably right. The up side to this is that you can buy one of these cars reasonable, then drive and have a ton of fun with it then when it comes time to sell, get your money back out of it!

kidsixpack

Silver Member
That’s a good deal on a great looking car!
If you’re going to lump all the GN’s together for production numbers you should do the same for the TA’s.
I seem to recall a bit of a stigma with the TTA’s when they were new. The Buick guys didn’t like giving their motors to Pontiac and the Pontiac guys didn’t like the idea of a TA with a V6. At least that’s my take on it.
I think that the TTA’s production numbers will eventually dictate a rise in value.
I really cannot figure out why 87 GN’s outprice the 86. Usually the value of a collector car depends on production numbers. I just can’t believe that the black grill is that much more appealing.
As an added note it seems that the TTA out prices the regular GTA of the era.
KID

Catching up on my Barrett Jackson. The TTA just crossed the block. Presented very well and they talked about it quite a bit between segments. It didn’t get covered as it across the block
KID

Top Bottom