TTA Diecast......AGAIN!!!!

Recently I e mailed a request to Ertl/American Muscle to consider a run of TTA Diecasts. I've only been on this board a short time, and it unfortunately doesn't appear to get much traffic, but thought I'd pass this along. The address that responded to my request was [email protected]. I would obviously purchase a couple as well as probably many Turbo Regal owners would. The only way I can see this EVER happening is to get off our butts and let a diecast manufacturer know that we're INTERESTED. Anyone else got any ideas? Thanks, John Rossington / TTA1543

neonism

Roz, I am very interested in one of those diecast. I have one of their earlier models cars, The one I have is the one that I had to glue together, but it took me almost 5 months to complete. it came out really good it looks just like my tta. I will contact them myself. I will post what they tell me.

Neonism, at this point ERTL probably hasn't even considered a production run of our cars, but hopefully if enough interest can be generated amongst the TTA and TR owners they might consider it. I'm guessing it will take a smaller volume manufacturer like GMP (I've got some of their diecast TRs) to take something like this on. Maybe I'll contact them next. Anyhow, if we express interest in purchasing a TTA diecast maybe it'll get done. Start E-mailing !!!

mr.turbota

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have talked to GP/Ertl for over two years now, both thru email, and at SEMA. Even Lane!
I get the run around all the time!
I would think that if others besides me, do both, they might get off their asses!!

The other project died when the one guy who is a distributor of diecast, just seemed to stop everything. I had emailed him twice, and never heard back from him!

It looks like Ertl is going the 1977 route, with Formulas and Trans Ams, including the Rockford Firebird! Lane is playing with the 1968 and 1967 Firebirds.
Who knows what GP is doing?

Frustrated as you,

George :twisted:

TTA diecast

The diecast manufactures will not commit to a new mold unless they can make 10,000 to 25,000 units. I had went to Lane to see if they would do the project, and sent them all the correspondence from this web site. They couldn't see doing it as the numbers were not enough to do it at this time.

Ed

Top Bottom