TTA Emblem Restoration

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan, do you reccomend getting original ones refinished and just use repro's on the Car?

My originals are in Great shape, but the indy ones are really silver compared to the rest.

What are NOS complete emblems going for?
I would say yes, as long as your originals aren't pitted or road worn more than the gold faded over the years then I would get them replanted and put them away for now. The repro's are damn good depending on where you get them.

NOS emblems; prices are up and down, price did drop then the reproductions started to appear (and drop in price) but NOS emblems do show up on ebay on and off (actually more frequent that I expected and compared to maybe 5 years ago). You can get some of them but the hard one to find NOS is the rear white bird emblem. Nose emblem you can get hold of as low as $50 some times.

Kman1971

Jan,

I think it is hard to see in the pic, but if I am being honest, the gold on the repro's is very shiny...the refinished original emblems look better than they did, cleaned up and the gold looks gold again but it is more of a dull finish compared to the repro's. Time to store them away.

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan,

I think it is hard to see in the pic, but if I am being honest, the gold on the repro's is very shiny...the refinished original emblems look better than they did, cleaned up and the gold looks gold again but it is more of a dull finish compared to the repro's. Time to store them away.
I thought that would get a dull finish which is due to the prep work they can do compared to what a more expensive process would give you ... I might just send them a really good one of mine and see for myself before getting them all done.

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
I would say yes, as long as your originals aren't pitted or road worn more than the gold faded over the years then I would get them replanted and put them away for now. The repro's are damn good depending on where you get them.

NOS emblems; prices are up and down, price did drop then the reproductions started to appear (and drop in price) but NOS emblems do show up on ebay on and off (actually more frequent that I expected and compared to maybe 5 years ago). You can get some of them but the hard one to find NOS is the rear white bird emblem. Nose emblem you can get hold of as low as $50 some times.
NOS fender emblems on ebay (been on there for some time):
1989 Pontiac 20th Anniversary Turbo Trans Am Fender Emblems Pair New RARE | eBay

Top Bottom