TTA Plug Wires On E-bay

TTA984

Gold Member
I got the three wires last year, the odd numbers, and more are for sale. Supposed to be the TTA prototype plug wires, the odd numbers are offered here, too bad someone can't come up with the even numbered wires so some of us can have a full set.:beach:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-Pontiac-Indy-Pace-car-Turbo-Trans-Am-20th-anniversary-spark-plug-wires-NOS-/121091877187?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D6899344447266077835%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D121091877187%26#ht_216wt_1177

Last edited:

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
I hope the bidders know what they are ... here's Scott's insight Turbo Trans Am Forum - View Single Post - Scott Kelly's Website comments

AND more importantly they have angled plug boots on them AND they are slightly shorter than the factory correct wires meaning these will not fit properly and will touch the headers most likely.

So more than for historic value I would not spend $$$ on them .... I do have a set as well and paid around $30 for them (odd numbers) but would not have spent the money at all if I known I can't use them :-(

TTA984

Gold Member
I got these not to use on the TTA but as a collectable, something rare, glad I didn't pay over $30 something for them. Anyways, good to get a nice item of TTA history!:D

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
Agree nice conversation piece now that we know why they were made in the first place ... will be interesting to see how much this set brings (currently @ $112) :cheers:

TTA984

Gold Member
Looks like the seller don't know they were the prototype wires! I haven't checked them but I wonder if they are the same length as the proper TTA wires, not trying to use them just curious.DontKnow:

Last edited:

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like the seller don't know they were the prototype wires! I haven't checked them but I wonder if they are the same length as the proper TTA wires, not trying to use them just curious.DontKnow:
They are different in length (shorter), can't remember by how much but remember I did measure them and some OEM sets I have when I did my new plug wire set last year.

I did have some communication with the seller when I bought mine to see where they came from and if he knew the history behind them (or not) due to the fact they have the angled plug boots and not the straight ones ... but he did not know or at least he would not tell me ;) This was before Scott told us they were made for him to sign off the lettering printed on them. Wonder how many sets he got as I remember him selling maybe a handful of them around the time I got my set and you got yours.

TTA984

Gold Member
They sold for $117.50, must be inflation, hey Jan! Maybe we need to hang on to ours, they could soar up in price like the owners kits!:D

Last edited:
Top Bottom