1. The Turbo Trans Am Registry Page is back up. Have a look by clicking on the Registry Link on the menu bar above.

TTA Serial Numbers On-Line - PAS Inc Website

Discussion in 'History and Memorabilia' started by Jan Larsson, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Jan Larsson

Jan Larsson Super Moderator Staff Member

Scott posted the 32 pages of TTA serial numbers on his PAS website:

TTA Serial Numbers | PAS, INC Past, Present, and Future of Innovation and Performance

Go to this post for an electronics version (both PDF and Excel format) of this same information: http://www.turbotransam.com/forum/index.php?threads/tta-vin-list-excel-and-pdf-format.7979/

This is the sequence number we been using and that PHS been selling for $50 USD per pop :)

For the Pilots ...

No 5 is the hardtop and still in existance, current owner on this site and he promised me to send me photos and other info I can post.

No 4 is also on this site and I will just clear with the owner if I can post the photos and other info he sent me years ago ... got some "prototype" stickers on a few items like the chip so pretty cool.

No 3 as we know is the convertible (converted by ASC mid 1989) owned my Rich in Atlanta

No 2 I'm not sure however it's still around as I ran a carfax on the VIN many years ago

No 1 is owned by a guy on turbobuick.com; big collector got like 5 TTAs and loads of GN's and GNX's ... got a photo of it somewhere

Anyway this is the reference if you are looking for your "builld/sequence" number ... and some other cool info.

Thanks Scott for getting this on-line, look forward to see more documentation in the future hint hint :thumbup:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  2. 8289ta

8289ta Silver Member

My car is definitely build number 948. It looks like PHS won't be selling too many Pace car packages any more.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  3. Jan Larsson

A couple of additional comments, Scott can most likely confirm this as well:

The identity number (left column) is what they call the data processing number, so internal tracking of some sort ... this number do appear on all documents associated with the build of the car (see the thread about the worksheets and the one Jarred posted for instance Looking 4; Two assembly line trim sheets - Turbo Trans Am Forum).

The "charge zone dealer" vs the "ship zone dealer" is if someone else paid for it ... so a normal order would just have the "charge zone dealer" code as this would then be the same as the "ship zone dealer" however look at the festival cars where they were charged to 09991 whish is Pontiac direct ... this also tells you if the car was a festival car or not (even if built in 1988) as only the festival cars and a couple of special PR cars would have been charged to Pontiac direct and not the dealer ....

Order type is interesting as there's a couple of "odd once" and these most likely are some special orders ... not sure yet what those might be.

order # is what you will also find on the dealer invoice for those of you that have that one.

Job sequence you will find on that id plate on the upper radiator support and also on the passanger side barcode sticker. You also find this one with a two digit number infront of it on most the assembly line dokumentation as per the id number mentioned above.

Order receive date already been mentioned by Scott however the target manufacturing date was missed out so that is just the target date Van Nuys would have built the car ... not sure if that in the end represents the actutal day it was built or not.

There's 5 cars at on page 31 that are intersting and might possibly be some cars sent directly to Pourto Rico ... and they say none of them where sold outside of the US :)

If I think of anything else I will let you all know ...

4. 8289ta

8289ta Silver Member

It looks like they would do 15 cars at a time.

5. 89MNTTA

89MNTTA Well-Known Member

Page 31 for Mom's car

6. jarredsoon

jarredsoon Gold Member

Looks like 238139 my car number 365 is actually 366!!!!

Somebody told me this once and I didn't believe them lol, oops.

my other three are what I thought.

What a great list to have, Thanks to all involved!!!

7. kymmee

kymmee Silver Member

Mine is on pg 31 also and PHS was correct-car#1515. I'm glad it is right, dont need to get new license plates! Scott has provided us with some great information. Thanks to everyone who has been working on this.:clap:

8. simo

simo Well-Known Member

Page 31 rules #1490

9. TTA579

TTA579 South Bay TTA "Barn" Find

Woo, top of page 13.

Confirmed #579. Built over my birthday when I was 6. :p (Not to make any of you feel old.)

10. DaveGershon

DaveGershon Well-Known Member

Confirmed both my cars #90 & #1456 are correct.
    Dave

11. TTA984

TTA984 Gold Member

#984 is correct, so I won't have to change my name on this forum.

Thanks to Scott and everyone having a part in this. It will be a great help to lots of people wanting to know about car build number.

12. simo

simo Well-Known Member

Four cars went to Puerto Rico (RPO VC4) and one went to another US Territory (RPO VC3).

So one maybe went to Guam, Virgin Islands or Northern Mariana Island.

13. TTA579

TTA579 South Bay TTA "Barn" Find

Is there any way to decipher the dealer/region codes? I know my dealer.

14. Jan Larsson

Scott plan to post the list of all the dealers and the dealercodes, there is a line printer print out listing them all.

In the meantime you can find some, but not all, on one of these two pages Kris sent me links to (thanks Kris):

http://www.wallaceracing.com/dealer-search.htm

http://ultimategto.com/art18.htm

15. simo

simo Well-Known Member

#1490 shows the Zone-Dealer Code as 07-608

Packer Pontiac
    500 South Opdyke Road
    Pontiac, MI

Then it was Auburn Pontiac.

The Wallace Racing Search has it right.

16. Jan Larsson

Scott got it all sorted now, so as far as I can tell all pages are there :detective:

17. mr.turbota

mr.turbota Super Moderator Staff Member

Mine is just like Scott told me back in 1990, and PHS sent me the letter with. ;)
    I also know what dealership mine was sent too, since I ordered it there as well. ;)
    I also knew that my order number was 127.
    So, that means I was number 127 who ordered a 20th TTA?
    Sure hope so. ;)

Great info here.

George :beach:

18. mr.turbota

mr.turbota Super Moderator Staff Member

Ha!
    And now I can match all the diecast cars in 1/64th and 1/18th scale numbers to the 1/1 scale car numbers. ;)

George :beach:

19. ttanotchback

ttanotchback Well-Known Member

Who's got 1550 ? Last one made...right?

20. PhillyTurboSix

PhillyTurboSix Administrator Staff Member

Glad to see mine is correct from what PHS told me as well. My car is lucky 7 cars away from Scott Kellys car. Gonna play that number tonight! :D

21. TTA984

TTA984 Gold Member

I am sure some of you have one of these. This is what you get from Allied Vaughn to find out what dealer your car came from:

22. kymmee

kymmee Silver Member

I dont know who owns it, but I think it was at the reunion, came in late, parked way down at the end of the line. It had a sign on it. Anyone remember who the owner was?

23. robert lee

robert lee Gold Member

dont remember that one, i will look through my pics, pretty sure i got a pic of every car

24. Jan Larsson

Yep he's on here as well ... I got his name somewhere ... and got a picture with and his car ... he also had Scott sign it at the re-union.

Also know the person with car number 1 :)

25. 2QUIK6

2QUIK6 Well-Known Member

Great info! Cheers Jan and Scott!