1. The Turbo Trans Am Registry Page is back up. Have a look by clicking on the Registry Link on the menu bar above.

turbolink or directscan ?

Discussion in 'ScanTools / Chip Chat' started by TTAmoneypit, Apr 16, 2007.

1. TTAmoneypit

TTAmoneypit New Member

planning on buying 1 soon

I like the idea of the new turbolink that works with windos xp and others

how much pf a pain is the other stuff like directscan do you have to mess with it to boot in DOS or something?

2. 72firebird

72firebird Super Moderator

I had Turbolink and decided to sell it so that I could buy a Scanmaster so I would have something that was running all the time and that I could easily see it. Now the have the powerscanner which is even better because it takes advantage of both worlds, you have to the box in the car all the time and the computer where you can record the runs on the computer at the track and you're making changes. Here's a link: http://www.fullthrottlespeed.com/it...6-87A8-4CE9FF1DDDD8}~ic~050PWRLOG~eq~~Tp~.htm

3. DaveGershon

DaveGershon Well-Known Member

Jared,
    I have not seen the Powerlogger before. Looks very interesting! :clap:
    - Dave

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
  4. PhillyTurboSix

PhillyTurboSix Administrator Staff Member

I have the Scanmaster and Powerlogger running in my GN. I love them both. The PowerLogger works with everything but Windows Vista. Found that out the hard way! :boxed: But it's a awesome scan tool.

I have just the Scanmaster in the TTA. This is a must if your going to own one of these cars for sometime. Unless your racing the car it's all you really need for a street car that might see the track once in a while. If your going to run at the track allot pick up the PowerLogger. They are also going to come out with a new chip so the PowerLogger and ScanMaster can work together.

BTW it's call PowerLogger and not Powerscanner just to avoid some confusion! :read:

5. Quiky One

Quiky One Gold Member

I run the powerlogger, scanmaster, and a knock gauge all at once. I love all of them. I fine tuned the alky with the powerlogger and unless I want to tune more, I usually leave the laptop out of the car. The scanmaster and knock gauges are there to confirm nothing crazy has changed. I recommend the PL to anyone!

http://www.turbotransam.com/cgi-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=1516

6. Sweet6

Sweet6 Well-Known Member

I go eiher Scan Master or Power Logger. I have owned all of the scan tools. DS is a pita because of Dos. Otherwise, works good. Turbolink is slow and does not warrant a laptop IMO. If it is mainly a street car the Scan Master works well. Plus you just plug it in and it works. The Power Logger gives you a lot more data. I have the Power Logger now.

7. RatFink

RatFink TORQUE

What operating system do you have to have to run the powerlogger? Have they updated the Powerlogger to run with Vista yet? I'm thinking of getting a new dell, but also may want to get a Powerlogger.DontKnow:

8. Quiky One

Quiky One Gold Member

It can work ok with Vista it is just not optimized yet

9. RatFink

RatFink TORQUE

What's specifically lagging on Vista? What would I miss, anything very important? Thanks

10. Quiky One

Quiky One Gold Member

I'll post your question on fullthrottle tech and copy n paste the reply from Bob.