Using the last 6 digits of your vin number for identification for your TTA..

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
Was speaking with Scott Kelly and as he moves forward trying to put together the true sequence numbers of our cars, he asked if folks on the site here would refer to our cars by the last six digits of your vin. ONLY the last 6 digits. This way he can move forward to compile the correct list of vin numbers to correspond with the car numbers that they really are. This is a tedious list he is trying to build for us.

Scott knows our cars by the last 6 of the vin and not by the car numbers we may think they are. These car numbers were somewhat of a gray area with our cars. Scott is trying to clear the air once and for all! Even though the reunion is over, Scott is still working all the time to get all the TTA owners all the information for our cars that he can put together! He has plenty in store for us up his sleeve so stay tuned!

ttarider

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
We can update the registry listing easily as I got all the VIN details for all 1555 TTAs (well about 90%-95% of them until I get the correct electronic list from Scott as he promised) for doing this, Jim/Chris?

Last edited:

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
It's my understanding that Scott (PAS1) may have data or records based on vin number and not build number.
All the computer print outs are based on the VIN numbers and the build numbers never existed rather something we and PHS made up as it's just the sequence number of the VINs when you have them sorted so lowest VIN is number 1 and the highest one is no 1550.

As we (well besides Scott) don't have a complete record of all 1550 VINs but been able to piece it all together based on PHS documents people been willing to share and other mechanisms we have about 90-95% of them 100% correct and that way been able to provide the "build / sequence" number.

So for Scott the VIN is what he needs to find any information about our cars in the original records that contains much more information than we have.

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
So is it possible that what we consider our build number may be off by a little?
It all depends on how Scott plans to calculate this ... looking at the first VIN (so car number 1 of the 1550 as we look at it) was actually built (per date I can see) 5 days later than VIN sequence number 7 for instance however a lot of cars where built/finished on the same day so how do you handle that then .. VIN sequence per day possibly.

And there's a number of different dates to potentially base this on, like when it was shipped from Van Nuys and received @ PAS then when it was shipped back from PAS to Van Nuys to go to the dealer and I'm sure between all that there's a couple of outher key dates that could potentially be used as well.

So time will tell but I'm sure there will be a lot of different opinions on this :)

Easiest way doing it, and with the information that been avalible to us, is the way we done it per VIN sequence number. That would have been, per my opinion, the way the cars were "born" on paper and assigned their VIN numbers to be built. But clearly along the way before being finished and out the door some where pulled aside for addional work and with the cars going to PAS of course they were then mixed up again and finished at differnt points in time with no correlation to the VIN sequence number.

So really look forward to what Scott will provide for us and the details behind it all.

Last edited:

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
We'll see what Scott got for us but as these cars were not numbered and were never intended to be numbered this is something that was made up a long time ago ... heck even some of the PAS documents talking about the build numbers sent to owners used this numbering (VIN sequence) :)

We'll see what Scott got for us but as these cars were not numbered and were never intended to be numbered this is something that was made up a long time ago ... heck even some of the PAS documents talking about the build numbers sent to owners used this numbering (VIN sequence) :)
my car no. is one of 1500, :confused: just like my 79 tata,there was no sequence no. for alot of reasons, but everone can have fun playing with the numbers :thumbup:

Top Bottom