Warranty Jobs Performad at Dealers when TTA's where new; complete docs

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
Another very interesting document; again shared with us from a private collection.

These are all the warranty claims / repairs "claimed" to have been done by the dealers and charged back to GM (not sure if GM picked up the cost for this or if it was passed down to PAS and other the supply chain).

The first document is the summary of all different job codes performed and the cost of each etc. total cost been spread / divided by all the 1555 (so includes the 5 pilots as they show up as 1G5 cars as well) ... so in the end cost per car is not that high even if the total bill adds up to a fairly large amount as you can see.

So the other 120 page document contains every single VIN that had some warranty work done to it (or at least the dealer claimed they did do it) ... so look up your vin (pdf is searchable however not all searches work well I noticed) ... list is in order of job / labour code ... you might look for your VIN manually to figure it out. Once you have the labour code/s for your VIN look in the 5 page document for the exact description (and cost) for what's been done to your TTA.

My TTA looks like it had the fuel pump replaced by the original dealer ... funny enough the dealer code listed for mine is not correct and I can't find that dealer code listed anywhere ...

Attachments

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
I have yet to count the individual vin's to see how many TTA's had some sort of fault/issue when at the dealership ... noticed one TTA had the fuel pump replaced twice :)

However this was of course the dealers "diagnosing" a fault of some sort and you know how it works ... trial and error some times ... so if the repair really took place in the end who knows.

TTAstage2

Maybe it was that lead foot Dan!
But it was the wifes daily driver. ;-).
....One of her best "warranty jobs" was the rear end. For some reason the spyder gears didn't hold up for long. Service manager was giving me flack about abusing the car. Sooooo I said.."why don't ya talk to the wife because it is HER car". He smiles an tells me to have her call him... Ya right.. Hour later she is down there all dressed up (coming from work). Oh.. she is only 5'2"s tall. He smiles at her then explains that he thinks the car is being abused. Oh I also think the car is modified !!. So she looks at him an said "whats modified on my new TTA". So he takes us out in the shop to show us whats done. He points at the tranny thats all apart. So I asked what exactly is modified.. He points back at the tranny again. Well I know its modified because the way it shifts. (ya it had an Art Carr shift kit.) . She looks him straight in the eye an asked him how many others he drove. Well none !!! (They only had one an she bought it. ) BUT he is sticking to his story about the firm shifts.
... There was an original TTA brochure in the car. She brought it over to him an asked him if he ever read it. He laughed an said "NO". Then the shit really came out.. Well sir you really don't know these cars.. It is a $31k Firebird TTA NOT an cheap economy car. As far as abuse when I come up to a light an there is a Mustang beside me he is NOT leaving me sitting there. Matter of fact its in the brochure an is referred to as the "go" peddle. And as far as the tranny shifting like that look what it says in the brochure.
We left driving a new car till ours was fixed.
Oh the mechanics were watching and laughing from a window goin to the shop. Ummmm they knew me very well ;-)

Last edited:
Top Bottom