Web Site link to get your build number from Pontiac Historic

hello

today i tried to contact phs to find out the number of my 89tta. but they told me, that unfortunately they do no longer handle the information packages for the 89 transamDontKnow:. actually i have to contact the gm media archieves. anybody knows something about that?

swiss-tta

simo

I found this......... Let us know if this works out for you.

From Thirdgen.org
http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/history-restoration/476625-so-you-want-know.html

by Avernus

Well If your like me and have only a vin it can be very frustrating if your trying to figure out your cars past. So i did some digging. I'm not sure if all of this works but We'll see in the weeks to come. If you go to Gm's website you'll find a labyrinth of links that you must follow to get to a page with phone numbers to call concerning your vehicles history.

If you would like to see these options for yourself go to GM's website>Contact us>the faq tab> Misc category> you can find:

"How do I obtain a build sheet?"<if your looking for Pontiacs it is the first number.(586-276-0693) If you are looking for Gm it is the second number you want.(586-276-0691) When you call you have options. I called the second number for my Camaro. If you like me then you want options 3-3 for Gm vehicles. You will be instructed to contact stacey at (734)421-0273(m-f 8am-6pm est.). You will also be told that if you want Gm to research your car it will cost a minimum of $50/hour and that you should mail a check or money order to:

gmhc Archives
6400 Center Drive
Sterling Hights MI 48312

I'm assuming That they would like you to include your VIN with your request.

I have not taken action yet but I am probably going to call stacey tomorrow and then send them 50 bucks if it looks like anything might happen.

"Where can i get production totals?" < I've e-mailed them and we'll see what happens but this looks semi-promising. (at least it's free right?)

So thats it. Just a little bit of information for you all. I hope this helps someone.

Top Bottom