X-mas came early this year :-)

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
Actually been x-mas all year around for me an my 89 Turbo Trans Am Things been coming together nicely during the year.

Picked up the last bits from Real Steel who's been doing all the machine work for me Thursday when they had my cylinder heads ready for me .... long story short some valves been bent and the heads needed some machining and new valves, guides etc.

All machine work done, larger than stock stainless valves part of the rebuild so seats etc had to be cut. I'm using the latest beehive spring technology from Comp Cam so the spring seats been cut and evened out to make room for them along with viton valve seals. Harland sharp custom roller rockers wiht 1:6 ratio compared to stock 1:5 ratio will be used.

Headers been ceramic coated inside out in Dallas Texas during one of my many trips out there, keeps headers look good but more importantly keeps heat down in the engine compartmenet. Rocky welded the headers earlier this year for me as they are prone to crack so that was done to make sure they wont have any issues later in life. Mating surfaces cut by Real Steel before I took them with me to TX to get coated.

ARP stainless header bolts and studs (for accessory brackets) used all around.

More pictures to come as I get the heads together. Engine block pretty much done just need to degree the cam and test install cylinder heads to make sure I have enough clearence for the valves .... then final assembly of complete engine.

Attachments

Last edited:

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
And some pictures of the bottom end ... ARP studs, stock crank cut 20 thou, brackets etc powder coated (you see the engine mount plates etc), eagle rods, Ross pistons (+30 over), Comp Cam full roller cam and lifters, new high volume front cover .... etc etc :cheers:

Attachments

The ceramic coating looks awesome. I have the manifolds, hot pipes, Turbo housing, and downpipe done on my truck and the diference it made is amazing. You wont regret spending the cash to do that.

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
Thx guys, pretty pleased myself so far ... well until I fired it up with out any issues that is :tvhappy:

Anyway, goal is to have it ready for the UK show season meaning April timeframe failing that it would be June timeframe .... but I rather get it working properly taking my time to do it right than rushing it :cake: it's been off the road since June 2006 and I was hoping to have it back on the road early this summer (read 2007) but we had issues sourcing some parts and the cylinder heads turned out worse than initally planned ...

Anyway got the bottom end back together ... cam degreed and turned out spot on @ 110 degrees .... compcam roller 206/210 .... high volume front cuver fully blue printed .... mini starter .... more ARP bolts .... and a pre view of the Harland Sharp 1:6 roller rockers .....

Attachments

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
And the heads so far ... beehive springs from compcams .... stainless larger than stock valves .... harland sharp 1:6 roller rockers .... heads machined (new guides and valve seats along with spring seats) .... just have to check valve to piston clearence to be on the safe side before assembling the lot ....

Attachments

Top Bottom