Tta Spoiler Wanted

Looking for price and availability of a spoiler for the '89 TTA. Mine has the inherent cracks with age. Hoping to find a replacement in the stock White prior to the Indy pace car reunion on the 20th if the price is right. Car is 100% original minus the Firestone tires that are on it now but still have the original Goodyear Eagles.

2QUIK6

Most everyone has been buying the repros from Hawks, they are fiberglass and considerably lighter. Yeah you can tell its not the factory original when you tap on it, but other than that is was a perfect match when I replaced mine on my old TTop car. Have to have your favorite paint shop match the paint for you. It is suspected that water getting repeatedly washed under the spoiler cause the mounting stud within the foam to rust or swell causing it to crack. I think mine cracked on the TTop car at around 12k miles around 2008 and it was always garaged kept and never saw rain, but did get washed every few weeks to get the dust off. The hardtop car I have now never gets water in that area, and the previous owner never washed it on the rear section forcing water under it, and it has not cracked, still original.

michbc3

The Hawk's Third Gen fiberglass part works great. I also replaced my spoiler in 2008 - when I bought the car. I also own a 1986 Trans Am with the same spoiler - which they didn't paint that year - so it's bare black rubber with a rough surface texture. It has a little 3-5-2014 Rear2.jpg deterioration where the bolts are, but not nearly as bad as the '89. I'm crossing my fingers that it doesn't get any worse because if I replaced it with fiberglass and painted it black, the surface texture wouldn't be nearly the same.

Top Bottom