What's new
TurboTransAm.com

Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members.

NOS Tail Light FILLER

Yep - you sure are on a spending spree!
Those auctions usually climb up alot at the end from Rohnaz. I wonder if he has people that bid up his auctions.
 
Mike - did you try polishing yours up? I saw a thread on TGO where someone polished and old scratched set and it looked like new when he was done. I will try and find you a link.
 
Yep - you sure are on a spending spree!
Those auctions usually climb up alot at the end from Rohnaz. I wonder if he has people that bid up his auctions.


I really don't need one, so maybe I can keep my hands off the keyboard and not bid!!!!:toot:
 
Yep - you sure are on a spending spree!
Those auctions usually climb up alot at the end from Rohnaz. I wonder if he has people that bid up his auctions.
I always wondered that too. Seems like there is very little activity till the last hour. Every time I see a leather shifter knob on there it is pretty reasonable till the end. The last one he had on there went for around $201!
 
Mike - did you try polishing yours up? I saw a thread on TGO where someone polished and old scratched set and it looked like new when he was done. I will try and find you a link.


As a matter of fact, a while back I bought a extra set of rear tail lights for the TTA that were used but in good shape. The only thing is they had a few scratches in the lens.

I polished out all the scratches with 2000 sandpaper and then applied meguiars PLASTX to a foam buffer, and then polished with a microfiber cloth. All the scratches came out and they look good as new.:beach:
 
I have used Presta swirl remover and their "blue foam" pad on my taillights, paint, and glass with a variable speed buffer/polisher. It works good, just takes a lot of time. I had some etching from water spot marks on my rear hatch and it worked good. Also brings back oxidized paint somewhat.
 
I have some etching on my hood from water. Maybe I'll give that a try. I just got a Flex polisher for my Birthday from the wife. I am looking to do something with it. I bought Finesse from the Jax Wax guy at the TTA reunion. i want to see if it takes that out.
 
Last edited:
Everytime Ronhaz has an auction it always gets bid up...way up. People should stop bidding on his stuff and watch how it doesn't sell. Another Ebay seems to let slip by
 
Well there's 53 NOS ones left and they list @ $175.64 each ... so if you have a parts dealer near you that would pass on a good discount (and if the discount is really good I'd like one as well please) they can get them from VPI still ... but as I say they only list 53 of them to be around then when they are gone that's it.

The TTA filler panel is identical however it did not have the reflective strip at the bottom like the TA and GTA version and hence had a different part number without it so you would need to cut / remove it somehow as that part is glued in place.

So if anyone decides to get one and your parts guy do give you a very good discount let me know as I would love to have a NOS spare ...
 
Well there's 53 NOS ones left and they list @ $175.64 each ... so if you have a parts dealer near you that would pass on a good discount (and if the discount is really good I'd like one as well please) they can get them from VPI still ... but as I say they only list 53 of them to be around then when they are gone that's it.

The TTA filler panel is identical however it did not have the reflective strip at the bottom like the TA and GTA version and hence had a different part number without it so you would need to cut / remove it somehow as that part is glued in place.

So if anyone decides to get one and your parts guy do give you a very good discount let me know as I would love to have a NOS spare ...


Thanks for the info Jan, If I run across one I will let you know.
 
Jan - how do you know how many are left?
Are there any console shifter plates left?(the part with the shift indicator on it)
 
Jan - how do you know how many are left?
Are there any console shifter plates left?(the part with the shift indicator on it)

Do you have the part number of the shifter plate? If any left it would only be the 91/92 model as I remember trying to get the 89 style years ago and they were all gone.
 
Oh well. I wanted the 89 style. I guess I'll keep my eyes open for one on Ebay. Mine is in good shape, but there are a few scratches that annoy me, and today my son told me that some of the cars at the show had better consoles then mine. Ouch. I felt like kicking him out of the car.
 
Oh well. I wanted the 89 style. I guess I'll keep my eyes open for one on Ebay. Mine is in good shape, but there are a few scratches that annoy me, and today my son told me that some of the cars at the show had better consoles then mine. Ouch. I felt like kicking him out of the car.

Know the feeling, mine had the gray area worn down so got hold of 1 on ebay after looking for some time ... not perfect but a really nice used (with some minor scratches) that works.

The one I got was for a base model without the power window and mirror switches so had to measure and cut those out ... the one GM sold over the parts counter did not have anything cut so even with a NOS one I would have had to cut those out.

Also note that the TTA and GTA have real leather shifter boots while others have fake leather (thinner) but you can swap them easily if yours is till good (just 4 screws from underneath) so don't be put off if you find a nice one but with the none leather boot on there.
 
Yep - you sure are on a spending spree!
Those auctions usually climb up alot at the end from Rohnaz. I wonder if he has people that bid up his auctions.


Well, I am the proud new owner. Got it for $93, I am sure the strip at the bottom can be removed so the turbo emblem can be placed there.:explosion:
 
Well, I am the proud new owner. Got it for $93, I am sure the strip at the bottom can be removed so the turbo emblem can be placed there.:explosion:

Not a bad price, congrats!

The reflective strip is glued so you would need to cut it off carefully then sand that area level and smooth before applying the turbo emblem.

Photos attached of what the tta version looked like without the turbo strip on there.
 

Attachments

  • TTAFillerPanel (1).jpg
    TTAFillerPanel (1).jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 16
  • TTAFillerPanel (2).jpg
    TTAFillerPanel (2).jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 17
  • TTAFillerPanel (3).jpg
    TTAFillerPanel (3).jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Mike just send me that NOS filler panel and I put a NOS turbo strip emblem on there and send you a photo of it lol

Cybercarlot or whatever the sellers name is on ebay that sell the owners manual supplements, pin and under hood pas decal also have the turbo strip emblem ... All left overs from PAS :-). They list stuff on ebay all the time ...
 
Mike just send me that NOS filler panel and I put a NOS turbo strip emblem on there and send you a photo of it lol

Cybercarlot or whatever the sellers name is on ebay that sell the owners manual supplements, pin and under hood pas decal also have the turbo strip emblem ... All left overs from PAS :-). They list stuff on ebay all the time ...

I got the emissions label from them last October. They havent had anything listed on ebay for a while. I have been watching-should have bought 2 of the labels at the time -they had like 10 or 11 available.
 
I got the Nos tail light filler and the first thing I did was to remove the reflector at the bottom. All I need now is a new Turbo Emblem to go there. It is very shiny and reflects everything.
 
Last edited:
Jim, you mean the turbo emblem part #?
This was a GTA NOS filler I bought off ebay and I removed the bottom reflector and trying to get the bottom turbo emblem.
 
I was wondering what the part number was on that center section. Just wondering if I can find some more of them floating around
 
Back
Top