What's new
TurboTransAm.com

Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members.

Added #1421 To The Registry

New member so I thought I'd throw out a post. Recently purchased #1421 with 13005 original miles, leather T-Top car. Interestingly enough I've know about this car since it was nearly new. My father bought the car at a GM Factory Auction in June 1989 with less than 1000 miles on it. It came with the MSO and had never been titled. His intention was to keep it along with his 87 GN. After putting another thousand miles on it that summer it ended up on the showroom floor for "winter storage". That spring a customer came in and wanted the car very badly. Badly enough my father sold him the car and moved on. I saw it a couple times a summer for the next few years, but then not until recently. I ran into the purchaser a few years ago and asked him if he still had the car, but he said he had sold it years before. A friend of mine (happens to be our local Ford Dealer) called me two weeks ago and asked if I knew anything about the car, what it was worth; and if I was interested. I immediately went up and checked out the car, and purchased it a few days later. The second purchaser had bought it and put it in storage rarely driving it. Then traded it at the local Ford dealer for a college vehicle for one of his children. Worked out well for me! I attached a couple pics of the day I got it, nice layer of dust and all.
 

Attachments

  • TTA1.JPG
    TTA1.JPG
    386 KB · Views: 25
  • TTA2.JPG
    TTA2.JPG
    378.4 KB · Views: 24
Thanks, it's in really nice condition sans some detail work and the rear spoiler cracked out. Until the third day I had it and it died and would not restart. Found injector 1 fuse blown and shorted injector harness. Other than new fluids everywhere and some detailing it should be good to go.
 
Great story! I love it when collectible cars are traded in and end up in the hands of an enthusiast. I recently saw an 84 mustang GT 350 with just 8,700 miles traded in.
Looks like you got a really fine example of a TTA! Congrats!
KID
 
Three years ago I picked up a numbers matching 68 Chevelle SS 396, 4sp from another Ford dealer I know in MN. The guy traded it in on new Mustang because he wanted something with AC and an automatic. Still shaking my head on that one, but I snatched it up and have been glad he traded ever since!
 
Back
Top