What's new
TurboTransAm.com

Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members.

Clunking when turning..

sdriche

Well-Known Member
my TTA has 42k on the clock. When I back out of the garage and turn hard right or left it almost feels as if the wheel is popping. Makes a destinctive clunk. Have the car on the lift and no noticeable play. Is this normal?
 
If it happens only when turning, it is probably the differential. It is the weakest link in the drivetrain; the ring gear is only 7.75" I believe.
 
It's the front wheels and I replaced the rear with a Ford 9inch so it's not the rear
 

Attachments

  • 20200411_164645.jpg
    20200411_164645.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
Check your sway bar bushings, shock bolts and all other bushings while your under there, something is moving then binding when you turn and it can be a real PINTA to find it...
 
Back
Top