What's new
TurboTransAm.com

Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members.

Nos Weatherstrip

robert lee

Gold Member
I bought nos t-top weatherstrip from Thirdgen. ranch for my new project, when i opened the box i noticed the left side had a small tear but after looking a little closer it looks like it split where the Fac. seamed it together, just wondering if anyone knows how to repair this.. i send Thirdgen 4 e-mails and all i hear is crickets and at $345 i'm not real happy...:mad:... after a day i noticed the other one split in a different place... WTF
 

Attachments

  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 26
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 23
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 23
Not surprised you did not get a reply back. There are a lot of complaints and issues about that place on other forums and FB. About 1 good experience for every 10 bad.
 
Thanks for the input kymmee...I never had a problem before with them before... guess i was lucky... my pool table is 9' ID, that is the box they were shipped in.. i wonder...:rolleyes:
 

Attachments

  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
That's too bad......good ole customer sevice. I have leaned away from buying nos weather strip or like product. I bought several nos rubber stuff in the past and depending how it was stored it was crap. And the rubber was like a rock. Any future seals or window sweeps I buy will be new production. Sorry Robert let get back to horrible customer service......hope they reply and make it right...
 
I'm sorry to see that Robert. If they won't refund your money, I would think some Black Weatherstrip Adhesive would reattach those, and hide well (being black).

http://www.amazon.com/3M-08008-Black-Weatherstrip-Adhesive/dp/B00063X38M

And I'm with Coltsfan1 on "perishable" parts. While new plastic ribbons were available to fix my power antennae, I went with a metal cable repair instead. I was not going to do a ton of work and put another 25+ year old plastic part in.
 
As far as the Wstrip itself it was soft, looked good, felt good so i think the problem started when it was packed, just look at the size of it compared to the box it was shipped in... hell i didn't even ask for a refund just for it to be swapped out.. lesson for the day, never deal with a Co. that does not list a phone #. Since i paid for it with a debit card i'm not sure if i have any recourse.. But i hope they learn a lesson... bad news travels a lot faster than good news..
 
FWIW - I bought a set of refinished wheels from ThirdGen Ranch a while back (they look great on #545, I frequently get compliments).
IIRC, they were slow to respond to some communications. I had the impression that it is a "part time business" and thus the customers don't get "full time attention"?

Good luck with the resolution, waiting can be very frustrating:(
 
I'm not trying to bash TGRanch but i sent 3 e-mails about a problem and nothing but crickets..on the 6th day they sent me a e-mail that the other half of my order has shipped...:rolleyes:..oh yeah if i have any problems contact me here.. whatever. Never find a Cadillac hiding in a cracker jack box.
 
Hey Rob - if you don't get any satisfaction with Third gen ranch, just use a little bit of weatherstrip adhesive. It will hold it together fine. I had a seam open up on me from my stupidity and put it back that way and it held good.
 
Yeah i would really like to know how it was put together at the fac., i thinking something with heat cause it is clean in the seam.
 
Back
Top