What's new
TurboTransAm.com

Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members.

Question/Thoughts/Experiences - exhaust system replacements

1_Rocketman

Active Member
I'm the original owner of my TTA, and it still has the factory exhaust with the exception of a test pipe I put on a very long time ago. Due to rust around the muffler, a minor leak on one side in the pipe curve between the muffler and the exhaust tips, and some potential other issues (still checking those out to see what's going on) - I'm planning to get a new exhaust system.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a stainless steel setup that fits, looks stock and sounds healthy?
 
I bought my stainless straight-through muffler from ATR probably 30 years ago and it's still going strong. It's a little louder, but the turbo keeps it from being loud. Be sure to keep your factory tips and weld them to your new system.
 
Yeah, I remember ATR......are they even around any more? I'm not skilled at welding, etc - so I'll have to start poking around and see who I know who might know how to do that, or might know someone who can do it without messing up the tips in the process. Thanks for the reply TTA855.
 
Last I heard ATR had moved from California to South Carolina, but that was a long time ago.

Don't cut the tips off near the tips; leave plenty of pipe between the tips and the cut.
 
Yeah, I had one of their catalogs after they moved to So. Carolina, but I got rid of it a number of years ago....last I heard (circa 2006)...they were reorganizing and had some money issues......can't seem to find them now when I search, but I'll keep checking. Every one I knew who had one of their exhaust systems (like yourself) really liked them.....thanks for the tip on the tip cutting!
 
Back
Top