What's new
TurboTransAm.com

Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members.

Restoration Shops for TTA sitting since '97

I have had this TTA since 1990. It currently has 54,000 miles but hasn't been started since 1997. What are some good shops that would get it back road worthy? I have checked out Lorenz Performance and is my choice as of now even though they are about 12 hours from me. Also, what would be the ballpark value as is if I decided to sell it?TTA.jpeg
 
Wow, long time TTA owner. I can't comment on Lorenz but the market for these cars is hot now. You would want to get it all up and running before selling.
I would hope you get $30K for this car, although I am not watching the market too close on TTA's with milage, more the TTA's that were collected with low low miles.
 
I am not replying but I also have a question about this topic. I have been a member of this forum for quite a few years and I was at the 2011 reunion. However after the reunion, I had the car in to go over issues with the car and the mechanic took total advantage and long story short put 2,000 miles on the car and the heater core broke which he jury rigged up. The passenger side floor was covered in water only but he claimed the T Tops were leaking. I took the car home, had a garage built for it, covered it with 2 car covers and the interior with bankets and towels and the car has sat ever since.

I now would like to find a reputable place to restore this car to running. It has been protected from the elements but has sat. I also have several thousand invested in NOS parts for this car.

I need a reputable place that will not rip me off, steal my parts and be honest with me.

My name is Lynn Van GIlder and I live in Edgewood, Maryland (Harford County)

I also would like to know if it is recommended to put NOS parts in the car to repair it or get 2023 parts that look like original to fix it. I do know that I have a new water pump, and I cannot remember all the other parts I bought for it. I have a partial list and it includes gaskets, T Top rubber liner, brakes, steering parts, like I said I have a partial list.

Really need help with this project. The car itself is in beautiful condition as far as outside and interior (I think, have to check to be sure).

Greatly appreciate any help and advice. Thank you so very much

Lynn
 
Back
Top