What's new
TurboTransAm.com

Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members.

TTA Power Antenna

FYI, in case you need to know what these electrical connections look like.

35759152431_9ef9fe424e_z.jpg
 
I found this unit is this the same connector? Looks identical except the antenna wire ..
 

Attachments

  • connector.jpg
    connector.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 10
  • motor.jpg
    motor.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 10
Yes, it does look identical. I did not try to remove the antenae lead, so I don't know how that attaches to the mast, or if it is removable in our original design. The way you see it laying on the floor is the way I shipped it to the re-builder.
 
Yes, it does look identical. I did not try to remove the antenae lead, so I don't know how that attaches to the mast, or if it is removable in our original design. The way you see it laying on the floor is the way I shipped it to the re-builder.
Who rebuilt it?
 
Antenna cable is held in place by two screws on there; the new one pictured have the “peg” visible for where the antenna cable goes so you have to reuse yours.
 
I had a gentlemen named Barney Eaton rebuild mine. The plastic "cable" is a common failure point, and he replaces that with vinyl covered steel cable. I'll post photos of some old posts. Hopefully he is still with us, and still rebuilding these. Pricing may have changed over the years. He's an AACA member, an was focusing on his auto of choice (Buick Reatta), but the antennas are all the same mechanically.

35890393065_a3f34df69c_o.png


35890392895_bc9a8b778a_o.png


While I did a BUNCH of side jobs while I had my T/A apart replacing the antenna, if you want to see some of what I did, it's covered in this thread on TGO.

My new 1988 T/A LINK
 
Back
Top