Original Tires

IS A SET OF ORIGINAL TIRES OFF OF A 89 TURBO HAVE ANY VALUE OR SHOULD I JUST DISPOSE OF THEM. I HAVE THE ORIGINAL TIRES WITH 6K MILES ON THEM FROM MY TTA AND NO LONGER HAVE THE ROOM TO KEEP THEM. ARE THEY WORTH ANYTHING AND IF SO HOW MUCH?

TURBOGTA

They are worth what someone will pay for them. Goodyear Gatorbacks 245/50/16s are original. Someone could use them at a car show. As far as driving at speed they wouldn't hold up to well ( Dry, Hard, cracking). Someone might pay $200-$400 to use them for show purposes. Today 16 inch tires in that size are only made by a few manufactures, and they are usually H T W speed rated not Z like the goodyears were rated at. TA owners along with Camaro owners with that tire size are upgrading to 17 inch rim with a wider variety of tires available still. I wouldn't toss them. Depending on what you want I'd be interested because I have many TAs that I park and move around that have GTA rims on them.

kidsixpack

Silver Member
I sold my originals for $250 with 27k on them. only the fronts were nice. so I’d say you will get $500 for a really nice set.
KID

w_mcvicker

QUOTE="hadjed, post: 73570, member: 3997"]IS A SET OF ORIGINAL TIRES OFF OF A 89 TURBO HAVE ANY VALUE OR SHOULD I JUST DISPOSE OF THEM. I HAVE THE ORIGINAL TIRES WITH 6K MILES ON THEM FROM MY TTA AND NO LONGER HAVE THE ROOM TO KEEP THEM. ARE THEY WORTH ANYTHING AND IF SO HOW MUCH?[/QUOTE]

Sent a PM interested. Thanks

Top Bottom