What's new
TurboTransAm.com

Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members.

What is this part called?

at t 2d

Well-Known Member
I am trying to find the black rubber "skirts" that mount under the car bellow the ground effects and I can't find them anywhere. What is their proper name?

Thanks
 
Don't know the offical name but i always called them skirts as well, funny thing is i don't think all the cars had them..
 
I would need to look up the part numbers for you when I'm back home ... however they were discontinuted a long time ago and I've only seen one or two NOS sets for sale ever.

Mine were missing as well and took me a number of years to find a GTA being parted out that I could take them from ... and if you look at 3rd gen's in the junk yard they are usually trash due to the way they put the cars on their "stands" crushing them :-(

Post in the wanted section on places like thirdgen.org or call thirdgenranch.com or hawksthirdgen.com etc and see if they can help.
 
i picked up these a few years back at a swap meet.....a hand written tag shows the group and part numbers.....
 
I have seen some low mileage unmolested TTA's that didn't have them so that leave's open the ? if they all had them... or maybe dealer installed.

Hey Jared, next time you get bored look and see if that 900 mile H/T car has them...
 
I have seen some low mileage unmolested TTA's that didn't have them so that leave's open the ? if they all had them... or maybe dealer installed.

Hey Jared, next time you get bored look and see if that 900 mile H/T car has them...

Interesting! Any survivors without them?
KID
 
Yup, 900 mile hard top and 1200 mile T-top and 366 all have these so called rocker panel air deflectors. They are also on my 1987 GTA.
 
I never thought about these until I read this post. I actually got up and went out to the garage to see if I had them. Been under the car numerous times...... But they are there and in great shape!
 
Back
Top