What's new
TurboTransAm.com

Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members.

Past owners of #189 hardtop ?????

Coltsfan1

Well-Known Member
So the other day I was surfing and found an old post from a past owner of my car now (189) he was from Alabama. He eventually sold it to a guy in illionis which is who I bought it from. Anyways the guy in Alabama had a cell number attached to the original old post so I called him and learned a few things. He said that the car came from north carliona and that that guy had her for a long period of time. He unfortunately can't find any contact info on the old owner. Does anyone know of car 189 being in north carolina and if so by chance any leads on a name. I think it would be sweet to contact the past owner. Thanks Chad
 
Chad,
What I did for mine is follow the CarFax back to the date of first sale and went from there. Mine was relatively easy being only 3 owners and I also had a very good paper trail. Then I used Google people search and narrowed it down to 1 person. I sent an email and within an hour, I had a reply. I got REAL lucky though.
Worth a shot.
 
I got no details down for the NC owner however I do have some details of a Iowa owner (not sure when in time but I presume before the NC owner).

And it's originally a CA car but I guess you might know that and have the dealer details already?

Anyway PM me and I'll send you what I have.
 
hmm Jan, that trail sounds much like mine #486…was at a El Paso, TX dealer, bought in San Diego and was shipped from TX to SD. Then the owner moved to NC (or maybe SC?), and car was in Philly for a bit also. Then first owner sold to a guy in Iowa, then me, 3rd owner bought and brought it back to TX where it all began!
I have all previous owners names, ph#, and even a picture of each owner with the car!
 
hmm Jan, that trail sounds much like mine #486…was at a El Paso, TX dealer, bought in San Diego and was shipped from TX to SD. Then the owner moved to NC (or maybe SC?), and car was in Philly for a bit also. Then first owner sold to a guy in Iowa, then me, 3rd owner bought and brought it back to TX where it all began!
I have all previous owners names, ph#, and even a picture of each owner with the car!

Could be a coincidence ... the Iowa details is leftovers from the really old registry ...
 
Hope you get the info you are searching for. I know the name of my TTA's original owner and the city, state he lives in. I have attempted several times to contact him thru email and Facebook, but he never responded. I have also found old posts about it on several forums that he listed it for sale. :detective:

After a few times, I gave up. Guess he was not interested in giving out info.

Maybe he was upset that he didnt own it anymore. Hmmmmm
 
Back
Top