Highway Stars, Just get the new replacements. It's made of ASB plastic instead of the cardboard.Oh it's a hardtop. Headliner is sagging a bit. Is it something I can glue back or should I replace the entire headliner?
KID
They fit real nice. Some of the problems with the factory headliners were as you said about the crappy foam on cardboard. What happens is the cardboard holds moisture and causes the foam to get brittle over years and lets the adhesive release. The ABS does not let this happen. I've redone the factory headliners a couple of times trying to save some money, but by the time I was done I could have bought a new one..lol..I'm just to crazy and was to picky. To each his own, I prefer the quick fix and not spend my weekend on something like that.Not that familiar with this particular model and year, but my experience with these is that it is NOT the backing material/board that fails, but the foam backing on the cloth, as mentioned by 2quik6. With mine, the board was still good. Just scraped off the old, failed foam remnants from the board, bought a roll of new cloth (they used to stock this at the Pep Boys on VanDyke) and a can of spray glue. A quick, easy weekend project.
How do those ABS parts fit in the GN, tonysturbo? For the 3rd gen. F-car, they have a spotty reputation for fit on the TGO forum.
That is sweet!
. Wonder what provoked the previous owner to put the cragers on there with such low miles, much nicer with the originals!
Yes get TT chip and injector combo for 60's and pump gas. Best investment you will make. Test pipe also, get that cat off. It's will spool so much better.The GTA style wheels will look really sharp. I [too] was headed down that path but as you see I got diverted somehow.
Once again, FWIW:
"Everyone" strongly suggested to me to get the Turbo Tweak chip for best protection with today's gas vs who knows what chip you have. My car already had a stock K&N filter ... I bought the "adapter" from Kirban and that leaves the bottom off of that air filter housing for a little better breathing(?)
^^^ agreed!2quik6
Rob -
Those look really cool... I love the look on an old muscle car... Please post a pic of your car
