What's new
TurboTransAm.com

Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members.

#189 Ready For Autorama In Beloit Wi

Coltsfan1

Well-Known Member
A few picks of 189 loaded in the 26' enclosed. My best bud and I constructed ramps to assist in tie down and door clearance for different cars. It was an older trailer and I redid the interior with gobs of led lights. Anyone else have any pics of there ttas loaded?? Screenshot_2015-09-15-19-55-18.png
 
There are many different opinions about trailering but I'll give you mine. First I like going to big shows and that obviously requires alot of driving so I want her protected till I get there. 2 months ago I went to car craft nationals, which sucked btw. While on 294 a truck next to me ran over a big chuck of semi truck retread it took out my bumper and front quater panel of my truck...bad as it was I would have freaked if it was the tta!
 
As far as pictures of the TTA loaded, here is mine... departing the TA Nationals last year in Dayton. For a variety of my own reasons, I'm stayin' with the open trailer for the foreseeable future.
vPwp3d0l.jpg
 
Yeah there are several pros to an open trailer........better fuel, easier to drive on, easier to tow for sure. How are u opening your door? Even with quick detach fenders that still looks like you would have to do the dukes of hazzard..?
 
Good eye Chad, opening the door really doesn't work with the current arrangement:confused:
I'm still scheming on solving that issue.
We mostly use the trailer for a different car - and with the fender off it is OK for that one...
 
I had and enclosed trailer for a few years. I Loved it. Especailly when the rain hit. Opens are easier to deal with but If I ever trailer again it will be enclosed.
Great pics by the way!!
KID
 
I have an open trailer, 18ft dovetail, but never got serious about the enclosed for several reasons. Cant justify buying one just to use a couple times a year. The open trailer is used quite a bit, to haul other vehicles, materials, etc. The biggest reason I've not gotten an enclosed is it will have to sit outside. I think it would deteriorate a lot quicker that way. Unfortunately, didnt think of taller garage doors, when building the new garage.
 
Back
Top