What's new
TurboTransAm.com

Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members.

Anyone Else Have This In Headlights?

Coltsfan1

Well-Known Member
Ok last weekend decided to tackle the dreaded headlight fix. Ordered my repair kit from TDS. Before I started I heard some stories on how others had theirs "fixed" in the past. I have to say I was quite shocked to see how mine were fixed. It was a rock-hard glue-caulk material. I held the gear by my bullet heater to get it soft so I could remove it. Repair kit went in fine and after cleaning the contacts on the headlight switch they operate flawlessly. Here r a few picsScreenshot_20170101-225015.png
 
nice work Chad.
That looks like the previous owner did some serious "red neck engineering" there :confused:

All that I found inside of mine was white "powder"... also broke the heads off of several screws during dis-assy etc., thus ended up with rebuilt units.
 
I was shocked myself. Granted this was the 1st one I've done but I wasn't expecting a rubber mold based on what I've read.
 
So far my cars been good. Antenna too. That gear set up looks exactly like the one I just replaced on my garage door opener.
KID
 
Never seen that fix before:). The last set I rebuilt had hex nuts installed! Don't know why people can't fix things right the first time and be done with it.
 
Because they don't have time to do it right.. but they have time to do it over.. imagine that.
The factory did them "right", yet here we are :D. I have to say that molded rubber looking one is one of the better "fixes" I have seen over the years though!
 
Back
Top