What's new
TurboTransAm.com

Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members.

DONT POWDER COAT UR DRIVESHAFT

Coltsfan1

Well-Known Member
Hey got my parts back from the powder coat guy.
...they look great, However there is apparently some type of rubber/metal damper inside the drive shaft and after the process was done it has something sliding inside it....... any input would be helpful and any suggestions on where to get an aftermarket one made. So if you want to spruce up ur suspension parts.....just rattle can your shaft:clap:
 
you could have yours cut open/apart and a new tube installed. Most any local DS company can do that. Even 4x4 places sometimes have good DS shops inhouse.
 
That's on the agenda for Monday. We have a real reputable shop about an hour away from me..... live and learn I guess
 
I've had mine powder coated as has Phillip that had his car at the GS Nats, no issues, but you do have to have it rebalanced afterwards, in which they may mess up parts of the coating to balance it.
 
From what I learned was that gm figured that to strengthen the driveshaft they would sleeve the inside. I decided to have a new shaft made out of chrome molly tubing. Surburban Driveshaft from villa park/ Lombard did an outstanding job. Anyone else in this area that might need some work I highly recommend. Peace out
 
Back
Top