What's new
TurboTransAm.com

Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members.

Heads on ebay

colts they are prolly the 3.8 fwd head .... I THINK they are exact same but different cast # ... I bought a few nos pairs awhile back that were bare
 
Your are right Scott, same heads only different casting numbers! A lot of guys use the 515 heads.
 
As far as I know the 515 casting should be identical (I got a pair as well but not been able to compare them with the 702 casting) ... someone over at tb.com said the spark plug angle where different but I don't know.

I did ask Bill Owen why the 702 castings but he did not know; as far as he told me the heads are identical to the FWD heads he initially pulled and built the very first engine with and I see no documentation that they were changed (this would have cost them money they could not spend) during the project.

So if anyone happen to have both a 702 and a 515 head and can put them next to eachother with the plugs in them and compare would be great !
 
I had 515 heads on my TTA motor and they work just fine. I had the 515 heads from Steve Kaminski and had them ported by Champion and they work just fine.
 
Back
Top