What's new
TurboTransAm.com

Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members.

I Can Finally Run E-85...

robert lee

Gold Member
In my new truck ( to me ) lol
 

Attachments

  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    399.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    403.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    347.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    355 KB · Views: 15
Sharp truck :cool:
Good luck - let us know how you like the E85.
It is not readily/widely available here in South NJ... I'll be curious as to your real-world experience with mileage and cost.
 
Nice Truck! I run e85 in my Ttype and love it. Very detonation resistant. My friends and I have all run our best times on this fuel. Mpg is horrible. 12 at best maybe 14 with hwy miles.
 
^^^ I thought that the "expected" mpg is about 2/3 vs. gasoline - strictly based on various magazine articles over the years(?).
 
I just sold my only E-85 vehicle. It was a Ford Escape. I didn't see any performance gain, but did lose 1-2 mpg.
KID
 
There is only one station in this county that sells it and now that someone blew the gas pipeline up in Alabama we may be out of everything for a minute... it has a half tank in it now and i think its E85 cause it wants to go when you touch the gas...the current mpg is showing 11mpg on the info lol
 
I had a diesel. 7.3 F-250. I loved it. Towed my 24' enclosed like nothing. The fuel mileage was getting bad. Sold both.
KID
 
I'm pretty sure your flex fuel sensor detects how much e85 content there is and then through the ECM makes all the adjustments for it. You can mix e85 and regular gas obviously. As far as our turbo buick motors, I have to change chips if I want to take a trip or something where I would want to use regular gas. I ordered 2 chips when I switched to e85. My buddy just made the switch in his Ttype and with no other changes went 3 tenths faster in the quarter over his previous Alki setup.
 
I'm pretty sure your flex fuel sensor detects how much e85 content there is and then through the ECM makes all the adjustments for it. You can mix e85 and regular gas obviously. As far as our turbo buick motors, I have to change chips if I want to take a trip or something where I would want to use regular gas. I ordered 2 chips when I switched to e85. My buddy just made the switch in his Ttype and with no other changes went 3 tenths faster in the quarter over his previous Alki setup.

Other than the chip change. What needs to be done to run E-85?
KID
 
You will need an e85 approved pump which most are nowadays. I suggest the dw300 by deatchwerks. Made in Oklahoma. Nick Micale sells them pretty cheap and sometimes member Turbo89 has them. You will also need e85 injectors usually 80s. I think I purchased them from Eric at Turbo Tweaked. 80s will go mid 10s but that's really stretching it. If you are gonna go faster I recomend 120s. Also run a hotwire kit as most of you already do. We run Wix fuel filters just regular ones and change them yearly. The most important thing is to clean out the fuel tank thoroughly as the e85 will losen anything from your tank and send it through your new fuel system. That's about it except for the fact that some times the fuel return line is overpowered meaning you will have to change it out to a -6 line with AN fittings. Takes a day to do all of it in a regal. TTA gas tanks are obviously harder to take out so I imagine it would take considerably more time for the conversion. I paid for most of my conversion by selling my Alki kit. I could tell a seat of my pant difference immediately.
 
Back
Top