What's new
TurboTransAm.com

Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members.

My 1st 1/4 Mile Outing

Raymond Bunch

TTA #1416 / 1BADDAM
Hey guys!
I was finally able to take my car to a 1/4 mile track and see what it would do. It was a 200 mile round trip and worth every minute of it! The car performed spot on with the exception of being a bit slower mph wise in the 1/8 mile.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with the results with more improvements to come later on as the car was still running with a safe tune. O2's were 789, boost was recorded at 27.8 psi...:thumbup:

This was on pump gas 91 Octane/Alky knob was on (5) on the Alky controller.

60ft - 1.620 off the E-Brake!
1/8 - 7.230
Mph - 95.03
1/4. - 11.342
Mph - 119.21

More to come... I really need to get my Power Logger installed still! :lamo:
 
Nice - congrats... and always good to be still runnin' at the end of the day :cool:
IMHO - that is very quick for a 25 year-old car - especially with basically a stock engine.
 
Man that is GREAT!! I only wish my fist outing was that stellar.
Congrats!

Be sure to begin using the power logger!!
 
Thanks guys.
Yes'sir, that power logger install is on top of "my to do" list this week! No use to pushing the envelop if I can't data log and see what going on. Honestly, I was probably pushing my luck already. lol Part of the excitement I guess...
 
Great times ! shooting for 10's now ?

Thanks man. Yes, 10.99 has always been my plan. I'm sure it will take some time, tweaking here and there to do it though. I'm sure I'll be like this guy :wall: for a while until it actually happens. If it ever happens. lol
 
just shows how much those lil 6262's shine great jobagin man ! Thanks for actually racing your TTA!
 
Excellent, great job! Call Tom at Champion and get your heads reworked ported, bigger valves, etc, I am sure you would be in the 10s then.
 
I take it that is also the stock head gasket seal? Very similar setup on my GN with same 1/8th times, my 1/4 times fall off due to the 61 turbo.
Great job for a first outing too!! My GN took years of trial and error to get that far.
 
just shows how much those lil 6262's shine great jobagin man ! Thanks for actually racing your TTA!

Thanks. Yes, the Bison built 6262 is a beast. I do however wish I had gone with another 6265 though. Very similar to an TE-45A. I went 98 mph in the 1/8 with both of these turbo's on stock long blocks. I'm going to try my hardest to get this 6262 there....working with what I have at the moment. :teehee:
 
Excellent, great job! Call Tom at Champion and get your heads reworked ported, bigger valves, etc, I am sure you would be in the 10s then.

When the time comes I might, if not him, I will be going with West Coast Cylinder Heads. Turn around time is much faster....

Hopefully not anytime soon due to a blown head gasket though. :rofl:
 
I take it that is also the stock head gasket seal? Very similar setup on my GN with same 1/8th times, my 1/4 times fall off due to the 61 turbo.
Great job for a first outing too!! My GN took years of trial and error to get that far.

Yes, stock head gasket still. :worthy: It's really cool you are going that fast with an un-opened engine too! Not an easy feat by no means.

I think a lot of my success come from owning 12 Turbo Buick prior to owning this car. However, the TTA suspension is a bit different....I'm still trying to figure out what works. Part of the fun.
 
Yes, stock head gasket still. :worthy: It's really cool you are going that fast with an un-opened engine too! Not an easy feat by no means.

I think a lot of my success come from owning 12 Turbo Buick prior to owning this car. However, the TTA suspension is a bit different....I'm still trying to figure out what works. Part of the fun.
Having that many TB's, then you know them well. The key is small steps and always watching for knock.
All I have ever changed inside the motor on the GN is valve springs, timing chain…and rear seal…other than that, the intake manifold and heads have never been off. Checked a few bearings when the oil pan was off and all looked well.
 
Thats awesome we have similar set ups and tips suggestion. looking to break 12 flat

6262 s cover
ptc 10in nonlockup 2800-3000 stall
ally kit
160 therm
power logger
roc power plate plenum
100# valve springs
wally 255 hot wire kit
drag radials
3in down pip dumped
big front mount ic
62 mm throttle body


Hey guys!
I was finally able to take my car to a 1/4 mile track and see what it would do. It was a 200 mile round trip and worth every minute of it! The car performed spot on with the exception of being a bit slower mph wise in the 1/8 mile.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with the results with more improvements to come later on as the car was still running with a safe tune. O2's were 789, boost was recorded at 27.8 psi...:thumbup:

This was on pump gas 91 Octane/Alky knob was on (5) on the Alky controller.

60ft - 1.620 off the E-Brake!
1/8 - 7.230
Mph - 95.03
1/4. - 11.342
Mph - 119.21

More to come... I really need to get my Power Logger installed still! :lamo:
 
Back
Top