What's new
TurboTransAm.com

Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members.

Need Advise On Shocks/struts And Tires

just got my 89 TTA
It needs shocks and struts. Any suggestions on a quality brand?
It needs tires, I would like to keep the original look, but wider would be nice as long as it doesn't rub or look goofy.

Tks
Tad
 
Excellent choice of car! I still have the original front struts on mine. I replaced the rear shocks only once, and I installed the OEM type to retain the originality of the ride/handling.

For tires, I have always run BFGoodrich; Comp T/A back in the day, and now the gForce. They're a very good street tire, with good dry grip, and they're inexpensive. My car is mostly stock, so I don't need a race tire. I run the stock size on the front, and the 255/50/16 in the back with no rubbing; I think the bigger size looks better.
 
I'm really happy with the G Force too. Now you got me thinking how cool it would look with some fatties on the back!!
KID
 
Back
Top