What's new
TurboTransAm.com

Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members.

Powder Coated T-clamps. What?

Coltsfan1

Well-Known Member
I upgraded to the stainless t-clamps for up pipe/intercooler. I like the security that they will stay on but didn't care for the stainless look. So I decided to have them powder coated black. MUCH BETTER. I will touch up the threads once on. Yes I have too much time on my hands.
 
If you have a bigger up-pipe which does not have the "lip" on it, you will still pop the uptime off from time to time if you run 24# or more even with the T-clamps....pretty much destroyed my factory hood liner now on the GN :( Guess I need to find a place that can roll a slight lip on the pipe.
 
I have a 3" chrome with lip from rjc if u want to buy it...one of my first dumb cool buys I did. Dumb because everything else is stock size. Cool because it's chrome. Shoot me a text. 815 695 5290.
 
Don't really want the chrome stuff, I have the stock / aluminum look under the hood...but I guess I should shop around and dump a another hundred in it...everything I find is $200 more here and there....fuel pump...even a damn transmission cooler...I have more in the engine build now than what I bought the car with 10k miles on it 25 years ago!...but it sure should be fun to drive when its done :)
 
Back
Top