What's new
TurboTransAm.com

Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members.

Removing And Installing Engine Wiring Harness

Mark Wiggins

Active Member
So, I now have a good, unscrewed by vermin, engine wiring harness. It goes down the inside of the passenger side fender. Do I need to remove the fender to gain access to the connector? I assume the ecm is under the passenger kick panel or above the passenger's feet?

Thanks!
Mark
 
Yes the ecm is on the pass. side and pull's straight down .. you should be able to remove the plastic wheel well and get it.
 
Remove the plastic inner fender liner. It will take some caressing but it will fit through the hole in the fender well then into the cab. Its not bad but it will only fit one way in.
 
Mark yes you get it out the harness pulls out from the outside but there's a plastic large clip (not sure what it's called) on the inside if you trace the from the ecm to where it exists in front of the passenger door you see what I mean. I might have pictures somewhere but not home until next weekend.
 
Back
Top