What's new
TurboTransAm.com

Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members.

Resurrection of my TTA

I just got some wheels from Hawks, but I got the original size 16"x8" and found some nice looking tires made by Doral. They have a tread pattern similar to Goodyear Eagles from back in the day. The government tire rating numbers are pretty good - traction A, temperature A, treadwear 400, I think. I had all but given up hope of finding original size tires and found them locally. The shop owner said the Corvette, Camaro, and Z28 people love these tires since they make their original tire sizes and look good.
 
Thanks guys for all the complements! I can't wait till it's all done. The 17" replica wheels give you the same classy look of the originals but allow you to run larger brake calipers and rotors.
 
Well let's all be realistic the tta was like the fox body mustangs........straight line performance only. It's horrible in the corners with or without the 13lbs
they are nothing like the fox body mustangs they actually handled pretty good back in 1989
 
Almost every magazine review said the 89 tta was horrible in the suspension category. The first things guys did back then was replace the springs and shocks. The suspension was constantly fighting itself and never had a real planted feel. I guess if your comparing it to a Ford escort it handled well.....I'm not dissing the tta. I love my car but the suspension sucked backed then and still sucks today.
 
The TTA handles better than the '95 and '99 TAs I've had, and the '99 had the WS6 suspension package, and definitely better than the GN, was about 10x rougher ride though.
 
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Here are some more pics making progress the car is currently at Keith's shop from fabworx getting custom intercooler done. I also want to thank Jim Dunn from Buick turbo performance and Robert from final touch collision. With out their help this project would never of gotten done. I still have some interior peices to track down but for right now I'm blown away with the end result!
 

Attachments

  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    324.4 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    269 KB · Views: 41
And, I apologize, didnt realize you had a post about the "resurrection" of your car as well. Would have named mine something different lol.
 
Lol no need to apoligize it's all about saving these beautiful rare machines and keeping them going for future generations to appreciate! Your post is great keep up the great work
 
I don't think that I realized that you are "local" to my area - but I thought that looked like Jim Dunn's driveway!
Car looks great, hopefully I'll see you around somewhere :cool:
 
Back
Top