What's new
TurboTransAm.com

Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members.

Road & Track 12 Great American Turbo Performance Cars

Cool. :thumbup: A guy I know owns one of those turbo Corvair's. He frequents a lot of the same cruise ins I go to.
 
How can a SVO be considered a great turbo car? I blew my engine up twice. That engine can't take it unless you spends thousand (ALOT of MONEY) and it runs like a 86 fuel injected GT...5 Lug rims, disc brakes, aero dynamic, cool hood, DBL wing always broke or missing...put the motor back in the Topaz where it belongs
 
Fun article, thanks for posting the link :thumbup:

I've been told that GLHS is actually some kinda acronym for Torque Steer :rolleyes:
 
what is torque steer?

It is mostly evident in powerful front-drive cars (seems that the mfgs have got a better handle on it now vs in the 80s), the car will steer to one side due to the engine torque under heavy throttle applications... if you were turning and nailed the throttle it could get pretty interesting. Here is a good in-depth "explanation":
What the heck is torque steer? (ABCs of Car Tech) - CNET

(I guess for those under about 40, the Mazdaspeed 3 took over as the "poster child" for this issue)
 
Our old 2007 GXP Grand prix suffered from torque steer, it had the LS4 5.3 and when you'd "pin it" at low speed it would yank you over to the right as though you steered the car that direction. It was annoying and you always had to be aware.
 
Back
Top