What's new
TurboTransAm.com

Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members.

Road Trip

Hi guys,
Got home today. Total of 3300 miles=priceless!!! Thanks so much for all the advice. I appreciate it. A special thanks to Dave, Route 66 was awesome. My wife and I planned this trip to see the country and its beauty. We saw so much of that (bald eagles and deer to name a couple). What we saw most of all is how good people are when you are in need. Monday at noon we stopped for a quick break in a tiny town in Wisconsin. When I started the car it died. The fuel pump was screaming ( Walbro 340 go figure !!!) Checked the fuel pressure gauge 5 psi. Walked to the local parts store to see if there were any shops in the area. They gave me the name of one 7 miles away. Called them to see when they could look at it. They were super nice, ordered the pump for Tuesday. I went back to the car to see if the pump had cooled down. Sure enough it fired up but was real noisy. Drove to local truck stop, hotel, restaurant, and beer store. Stayed overnight and we had a great time. Drove Tuesday morning ( our anniversary ) to the shop. They were super busy (down one mechanic ) but the owner said he would get to it as soon as they could. I mentioned to the owner I was a mechanic for over 40 years. He looks at me and says" you want to do it?" He gives me a lift, a tool box, and smiles. The two mechanics look at me, an old gray hair guy. An hour later the wheels, exhaust and springs are on the floor, the rear end is dropped down and the tank is ready to come out. They have rock music playing and I know all the words! We all start laughing like I had worked there forever. Got it back together, fired right up and quiet. We ended up all talking about the auto repair business for a couple of hours ( its all I have ever done). The owner would only charge me for the part so I gave him a tip, we exchanged phone numbers and I now have a new friend in Wisconsin. What could have been a nightmare turned out to be a great experience. Next year, California? Thanks again everybody.
Dana
 
Back
Top