Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members.
Well after major back and forth decisions I decided to yank her out. Engine clean up, new timing cover and gears and rear main seal. Figured it's winter so quality time in the garage. It didn't take as long as I thought but I took my time.
Have yours been out and apart previously? If not could you snap a bunch of photos in general and specially of fasteners while still on the engine. Good reference for others.
And if you don't mind measuring the length (under head lwnght) of the bolt for the negative battery cable on the passenger head, I see it's still there. Lenght would help me to make sure I have the correct bolt before I move my cable back to where it should be.
Any questions along the way let us know and we're more than happy to help.
Thanks Jan. I was a little concerned with the electrical connections but soon realized the connections are all different so that helped dramatically. I'll be out of the box for a few days but I'll snap some pics and get back to you. Based on what I've seen I'm positive the motors never been out. I did have an issue with the engine puller, the arm wasn't long enough to remove from the front like I wanted, so I had to go from the side. I will be making an extension for the re install for sure. When I first got her I changed the oil pan gasket and the internals from the bottom looked great and oil pan was cleans a whistle. :thumbup::thumbup:
Can you measure the negative battery cable bolt (passanger side head) for me please; it's a M8 however I'm not sure about the lenght (under head lenght) they used from the factory.