What's new
TurboTransAm.com

Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members.

Stock Vs Built

timothy

Member
Hi Guys, Hey if you were to buy a 89 TTA, with 30K miles would you rather it was built with a roller cam, and stud girdle etc... Or stock?
 
No simple answer. Depends on your plans for the car, if you are worried about resale value and the initial price you are paying for it. Traditionally, stock or stock appearing TTA's have more resale value. But with 30k miles, you are past the point where someone would be looking for an "investment" car. If the price is right, and it doesnt need a lot of work, go for it, drive and enjoy it.
 
Thanks Guys, It's super clean, I gave just over 8K for the car, but it needs a cam. I was looking for a GN when I came across this one, and I think I like it better. I'm leaning towards going all out...
 
Jarred has a all-out car, bet he has 20k or better in the eng. alone... gotta pick your poison, fast, faster, fastest...:)
 
Back
Top