What's new
TurboTransAm.com

Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members.

Tracking Down Pcv Valve

markt111

Active Member
Would anyone know of an available replacement for our cars? The original AC number was CV893V from what I have read, then GM 25095468.... no longer available. I have a slight smoking issue after running for a while which is not turbo related, I want to replace the PCV before going deeper.

Also what is normal oil pressure cold and hot? Idle and under throttle?
 
This is all I can tell you - the oil pressure drops with age. I don't recall exact numbers, but when new it was over 40 psi when hot, and now it is under 40 psi hot. When cold the gauge is maxed out.
 
I drove my TTA to work today, and made a note of the oil pressure reading. When cold, either at idle or under light load, the pressure is a little over 70 psi. When fully warmed up, it is a little under 30 psi at idle, and a little over 40 psi under load.
 
Try the partsplaceinc, they claim to have that GM part # ( its not) but i got one a few yrs back and it seems to do okay... the oil pressure can be all over the place depending on the oil used but i would never use synthetic in a TTA, unless you like oil leaks ( more than normal)... P.S i use synthetic in all my other vehicles...
 
I asked because my oil pressure seemed very high, I am glad to see that is the norm!

I located and ordered two from the BuickFarm, hopefully OEM parts are delivered....
 
i would never use synthetic in a TTA, unless you like oil leaks ( more than normal)... P.S i use synthetic in all my other vehicles...
I never understand this statement about oil leaks in TTAs with synthetic oil. I've been using Mobil-1 since day one when I got the car and after replacing the original leaking main seal, I've never had a drip.

PCV valve, try Rock Auto. They seem to have a good deal of parts for our cars. Check out the link below:
1989 PONTIAC FIREBIRD 3.8L 231cid V6 Turbocharged PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation) Valve | RockAuto
 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I expected there would be a few responses like yours and i really do believe you are being honest but i also think you are one of a lucky few... i have no answer for it because it baffles the hell out of me as why some do and some don't have that problem.
 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I expected there would be a few responses like yours and i really do believe you are being honest but i also think you are one of a lucky few... i have no answer for it because it baffles the hell out of me as why some do and some don't have that problem.
Same here. I definitely consider myself lucky with all the bad stories I read on here. Indeed it baffles me as well...
 
Back
Top