What's new
TurboTransAm.com

Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members.

TTA 1105 Build

72firebird

Super Moderator
Back in early 2016 I made a brief appearance back here, and prior to that it's been since 2013 or maybe earlier since I regularly posted. I'm working at dedicating some more time back to the TTA and get it back on the road. Just discussed and put into place to send the parts to start a short block build with Don Cruz and will be shipping everything out Monday. My goal is to make ~550-600 rwhp for a nice weekend cruiser. I don't really have any plans to race the car.

For now the plans are:
  • Eagle forged crank, stock stroke
  • Billet 2 and 3 main caps
  • Molnar forged rods
  • CP billet pistons
  • Ported stock TTA heads
  • 6266 BB turbo
  • 210/215 110 LSA cam from FTS
  • 3" downpipe
  • Alky

Some things I'm still deciding are engine management (I have a powerlogger and SD2 not installed but thinking FAST XFI conversion), intercooler (just have a stocker right now), and fuel (I'd like to go E85 with a flex fuel sensor but only have a single Racetronix 340 FP, stock lines, and 80lbs injectors currently).

Really looking forward to having the TTA back on the road next year, I haven't driven it consistently in probably 11 years or at all for about the last 5.
 
Glad to hear your gettin her back on the road, that's awesome.
The TTA has created a love for boost that I can't escape, love the sound too!
Your build sounds like its going to be killer on the street.
 
Glad to hear your gettin her back on the road, that's awesome.
The TTA has created a love for boost that I can't escape, love the sound too!
Your build sounds like its going to be killer on the street.
Thanks Jarred, itll be nothing compared to some of your builds, but itll hopefully cure that need for speed I've had since I got rid of my 700rwhp CTSV about 4 years ago. Have had other fun cars since, but nothing with significant power (stock C5 FRC and LS1 Z28 mostly stock now).

Decided this weekend I'd take the E85/flexfuel jump and sold my power logger and fuel pump. Ordered factory replacement 1/2" stainless feed line with 8AN fittings and then I'll use the original feed line as the new return. Planning to get the 450LPH Hellcat turbine pump later this week and then need to look at injectors and XFI probably later down the line.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
 
I got the first round of parts back from powder coating. Really happy with the colors and how they came out.

11231960314047593126.jpg

57178062454778403933.jpg
 
Back
Top