Radiator Air Dam/Deflector GM Install Instructions

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
The lower radiator airdam/deflector as you know been discontinued, however still places on-line where you can get them some more expensive than others, and I just found the instructions for mine so scanned it and also scanned the bag with fasteners as it got the part numbers on it (see attached 2 page PDF).

Note that for the TTA the center section have a cutout for the intercooler scoop so if you do replace it make sure to keep your original one to use as a template to cut the new one accordingly. I used a small cut wheel on my dremel when I did mine years ago.

Part number for the complete kit (center piece, left and right pieces and the bolt/nut kit is 12395557, the centerpiece is 10118484 and the right/left pieces are 10118482/10118483.

Hope this will be of use to some of you out there.

Attachments

Last edited:

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan - my deflector was replaced, and the previous owner did not make the cutout. Is it possible to make this cutout if I had the dimensions of the cut?
Yep with the dimensions it's straight forward ... it's just centered at the bottom with slightly rounded corners ...

See attached illustration, dimensions in millimeters and this one was cut after the OEM slightly trashed one on my TTA ... so might be a few millimeter off however not critical as key is to just open it up for better airflow entering the intercooler scoop.

Also a photo of the real thing after it's been cut as installed on my TTA.

Attachments

Last edited:

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
Just for future reference photos of the individual pieces included in the front airdam kit ... with individual part numbers. (photos from different ebay seller auctions).

If yours need replacing I suggest get them while you can, ebay prices seem to range from $55 - $125 roughly ...

Attachments

TTOP350

I have one of these 3piece kits new in GM Box. Only opened to look at.
It has the 3 plastic parts, intructions and a bag of harware.
If anyone wants it let me know I paid 80$ for it. will take less

Last edited:

TTA984

Gold Member
For the cutout of the center part. My tape measure don't have the metric system on it.

So I believe the cutout should be 40mm=1.57 in. high.
And 465mm=18.3 in. from the center toward each side.
I may also add rounding the top corners of each cutout side.

Installed the lower air dam I bought from Thirdgen Ranch, temps dropped by 40 degrees (stock gauge)after a 30 minute 90 degree day freeway drive. It replaced a bent and broken one. The two side pieces could not be installed as the left and right ground effect pieces were broken at the holes. Will figure out a way to fix them, not sure if it will affect temperatures or not.

As with all the 3rd gen trans am's , without the dam the radiator is almost usless until the cooling fan (s) come on. They Will overheat on freeway without it. So any air deflection to the radiator is important. ...especially in Arizona.

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan - this is an old thread, but I need the illustration for the cut out. Would you happen to still have it to post again?
It's up there in the second post; it's a PDF so you need to either download and open or let your PDF viewer open it up.

I just tried the original links and they do work just fine.

Any problems let me know and I'll see if I can help.

Top Bottom