What's new
TurboTransAm.com

Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members.

NOS Tail Light FILLER

Mike just send me that NOS filler panel and I put a NOS turbo strip emblem on there and send you a photo of it lol

Cybercarlot or whatever the sellers name is on ebay that sell the owners manual supplements, pin and under hood pas decal also have the turbo strip emblem ... All left overs from PAS :-). They list stuff on ebay all the time ...
Jan - out of curiosity, I just checked to see what he had for sale - nothing at the moment.
 
I got the Nos tail light filler and the first thing I did was to remove the reflector at the bottom. All I need now is a new Turbo Emblem to go there. It is very shiny and reflects everything.

Now you made me want one lol

How hard was it to get the red reflector off and clean it up?
 
Now you made me want one lol

How hard was it to get the red reflector off and clean it up?


Jan, Pretty tough removing it. Used a heatgun set to the lowest setting to loosen up the glue and used some small needle nose pliers and pulled it off. Only used the heatgun oh so slightly not to melt or damage the plastic. Also used a dremel with a sanding disc on it to get the remaining glue and so on. and finished it by using a fine sandpaper to smooth it out. It came out really good, hope I can find a turbo emblem. I tryed to get it removed without heating it and there was no way, it was on there good.:thumbup:
 
Jan, Pretty tough removing it. Used a heatgun set to the lowest setting to loosen up the glue and used some small needle nose pliers and pulled it off. Only used the heatgun oh so slightly not to melt or damage the plastic. Also used a dremel with a sanding disc on it to get the remaining glue and so on. and finished it by using a fine sandpaper to smooth it out. It came out really good, hope I can find a turbo emblem. I tryed to get it removed without heating it and there was no way, it was on there good.:thumbup:

Thanks Mike, good to know ... would not mind doing a spare for myself one of these days :-)
 
I don't know if anybody has any extras, but I just had a licensed GM emblem guy reproduce some Pontiac arrowheads for me from my original and they came out fantastic. This is the type of stuff he can do. I know if he had one to work off of, he could make it spot on. There could be a small niche market for it. He is very trustworthy with the originals.
 
I don't know if anybody has any extras, but I just had a licensed GM emblem guy reproduce some Pontiac arrowheads for me from my original and they came out fantastic. This is the type of stuff he can do. I know if he had one to work off of, he could make it spot on. There could be a small niche market for it. He is very trustworthy with the originals.

I know of someone ... :cake:

The turbo emblem strip is one of those softer rubbery style emblems so not a metal emblem, not sure if the guy you know can do that or not ... not looked into the process for making them but I'm sure he would know if he just looked at some photos maybe?
 
I will send him a pic, and see what he says. How thick is it? The emblems he made for me are soft vinyl, so he would have to come up with a thick material to make these on. This is the emblem that goes on the bowling ball hubcap of my 82 Recaro TA
 
Last edited:
Jan - is that place close to you? It might be worth letting them have a look. The problem I see is that it needs to be on a thick piece of plastic, and from what I have seen of the vinyl graphics places, is that the material they use is thin. I wonder if they could find something to make these with.
 
I just went and checked the emblem on my car. It looks like the material is not that thick. It kind of looks like the door handle inserts. The top resin is applied fairly thick If the gold portion can be done, I think these emblem guys can make it.
 
I would be interested in the reproductions, I'm sure it can be done. Let me know if you find anything out with the emblem makers.:beach:
 
I sent a pic to the guy I worked with on my emblems. I will let you know what he thinks he can do.
 
Could not resiste ... had to do one for my pile of parts lol

Nice used one ... NOS Turbo Strip emblem and a new reproduction bird emblem from gtaemblems.com ...

Came out really nice ... hope I never have to use it :worthy:
 

Attachments

  • JanL_Spare.jpg
    JanL_Spare.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 21
Could not resiste ... had to do one for my pile of parts lol

Nice used one ... NOS Turbo Strip emblem and a new reproduction bird emblem from gtaemblems.com ...

Came out really nice ... hope I never have to use it :worthy:

Another buried treasure, glad you found it!!!:beach:
 
Back
Top