What's new
TurboTransAm.com

Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members.

WTF: What is the Value of a TTA.....

I went to a cruise in today with the TTA. Not a lot of cars there, and only one person knew what a TTA was. So I spent a lot of time explaining it was a 6 cyl. and not a 8 cyl. and that it came with a 6 cyl. and I did not put that motor in it.

Sometimes, alot of people know these cars, but not today.:D
 
I am now quite used to nobody recognizing what a TTA is. At first it really bothered me that I would take it to a show or cruise and this would happen, or worse get beat out in my class by a common Corvette. Now I don't care. I just like the car & if others don't know what it is, so what. I have not taken it to local shows & will not in the future to avoid that frustration. The public wants to see my 66 GTO or my GN at this point in time. In a few more years the 3rd gen F Bodies will generate more interest. Personally I'd just as soon drive my 25th TA to local shows & not register, look around for an hour or two & get on with the rest of my day.
Local car shows are usually more about who has the most buddies at the show to vote for their car anyhow vs the quality & rarity of the vehicle.
 
He said he got close to his asking price, and a dealer/performance shop bought it. That should be good news for all of us.(Unless you are buying, I guess):thumbup:
 
He said he got close to his asking price, and a dealer/performance shop bought it. That should be good news for all of us.(Unless you are buying, I guess):thumbup:

Seems like "Patience is a Virtue" when selling something nice and less than familiar to everyone(?)
 
I ended up coming down $400 was all off the asking price, the buyer was a very nice guy and has a very nice shop and nice sales floor with alot of high $$ exotic and vintage cars. On his website there is a Gn or gnx in one of the shots along with vipers, Shelby's and such. He was also picking up a low mile GN close by. I'll post some links to his shop this eve, very top notch.
With all the other cars posted up now that are asking more than I was almost made me want to raise the price a bit...now mine was the lower price for similar co dition...but had been listed since August, and I really need a little extra room in the garage. Have my Chevy truck for sale also, when it is gone it time for a new daily driver.
Maybe between Phil and I not budging off our prices have helped the market some on getting the value up :)
 
Last edited:
I like the idea of having 2 TTA's. One with some miles to drive and the other a really low mile original everything to take to car shows. The low mile car will get the most respect, most of the time.

thats what boat im in ... Ive only Driven #299 1 block in Detroit abt 7-8 yrs ago but crank it regullarly ... driven it from one side the shop to the other ... never put insurance or tags on it ... was too nice to mod so I bought another TTA to mod an Mod i did ... hoping 1 day to put a T/A block in her
 
the buyer was a very nice guy and has a very nice shop and nice sales floor with alot of high $$ exotic and vintage cars. On his website there is a Gn or gnx in one of the shots along with vipers, Shelby's and such. He was also picking up a low mile GN close by. I'll post some links to his shop this eve, very top notch.
:)
Congrats on the sale. Did the buyer happen to be from Ohio-the Columbus area?
 
Ok thanks. Looks like a nice shop. Know of someone else that has an affection for exotics, GNX's and TTA's.
 
Back
Top