What's new
TurboTransAm.com

Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members.

#1015 on Ebay

I think these cars should be driven like they where meant to be and enjoy them as much as you can what's the point of having one if you are afraid of using it ,yes they are rare even so for the low miles ones so what get on them cars and enjoy them to the fullest if I wanted a trophy I would by one and look at it but for now I will be laying some double lines down on the pavement enjoy them cars guys:burnrubber:
 
First off, I'm very very new to this.
I wanted one of these since the day they came out, but after just purchasing my 88, that was impossible then.
I love to drive mine when I can on the weekends; can hardly wait for the nice warm weather.

On values though, I'm going out on a limb now. Call me names or whatever. I'm older now and can handle it! This is just my opinion and what I see.

If a person is trying to sell their TTA for an astronomical price, weather it be high or ridiculously low, that's one of the problem's. There isn't a person out in the automotive industry setting the values for the TTA.....WE are.

When did the average price become to be between 18-24k? Who set that? I ask because it seems to be the norm. But a few out there are much higher as the case with #1015. Will it sell for that? Probably not.

8789ta mentioned earlier about flooding the market and everyone putting their TTA up for sale and how it won't drive the value up. This is true due to the fact of that average price again.

Let's just say with a 1000 copies of the TTA left out there ( I don't know that actual figure but I'll use it), and the ability to purchase one on ANY GIVEN DAY at those average prices, our value will remain the same for a long time. What will make them go up? Our pricing WE put on.

As an example: Jim sold his 30k mileage on Monday for 23k. Joe sells his 25k mileage on Wednesday for 24k. THEN...Larry needs money due to a surgery and sells his 15k mileage Hard top cloth on Friday for 16K. Our values are all over the place as this example shows. Right at this very moment, there are at least 5 TTA's available with this kind of asking price. Granted, a lot has to do with condition and such.

We are the ones setting the values, not "Mr.Car Value Guy" out there.
That's my take on it.

I should go get another cup of coffee now.


Have a great day!
Bob
 
As someone who just bought a TTA last month, I have watched the responses with great anticipation in this thread and felt the need to chime in.

While I am a strong believer in free market economics, I do find that listings of this price nature caused me to TURN AWAY from the TTA market in the past. Why? Because my time is valuable.

I searched for my TTA on and off for years. During the off years, I gave up because I grew tired of dealing with sellers who thought their 17K mile car with a cracked spoiler, worn seat bolster, and sagging headliner was worth $23K. Even after you presented them with sale results indicating that cars in similar condition sold for $17K, they would not budge.

So, I moved on and those cars remained on the market for a long time, which led to an oversaturation in supply. Fortunately, I was able to find a reasonable seller.

But, the car belongs to the seller, and they can list it for whatever they like. If they get it, God bless. However, the best analogy I can use is one in which you live in an exlcusive neighborhood where the homes cost $1 million. However, one owner maintains his home more that usual and lists his home for $3 million. Everyone in the neighborhood wonders why the owner keeps listing it at that price although it does not sell, and to those on the outside looking in on this exlcusve neighborhood, they wonder what is going on.

In business school, I studied this behavioral economic concept known as "endowment effect". It sure does apply to the TTA market.
 
Last edited:
We can debate the value's of TTAs till the cows come home or we are blue in the face but until the car hobby as a whole recognize these car's the price's will stay the same or worse, part of the problem is they cost 32k new, in 2015 that is a lot of money to me and in 1989 it may as well been $1 million, so considering the overall car market now the price that is asked for #1015 is way off base obviously.
To follow Megatron's analogy it would be like the same $1 million house selling for $750k, though i do agree if you ask top dollar for a car it should have zero issues and be in near perfect cond. In the end i hope tta's don't end up like the c-4 ZR1 vett's, low mile example's selling for 20k or less when they were pushing 70k new, sorta like a high $ house in the middle of a bad neighborhood.
 
Back
Top