What's new
TurboTransAm.com

Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members.

Deep transmission pan clearance issue

xlr8ngn

Member
I added a deep trans pan and it hangs down pretty low. I was able to shim the rear trans mount up about 1-1/2" and still have plenty of room in the transmission tunnel. The drive shaft is in the middle of my driveshaft loop, so no concerns there other than the front U-joint angle (is there an angle range?). It helped alot with clearance, but the pan is still directly in the line of fire if I were to hit something. Do the Hrpartsnstuff engine mounts raise the engine at all? I want to keep the pan due to the cooling and extra fluid capacity. Raising the front of the engine would help out alot.
 
I am not sure on the motor mounts raising the motor up. I have three cars with the deep trans belly pan and have not had any issues. Two are street driven and one is pretty well track only. The roads here are terrible with pot holes everywhere. I have much more trouble with my low intercoolers shroud. I broke them all pretty well.
 
Thanks, I will have to drive with some diligence to make sure it doesn't drag on anything. It is pretty low, pan clears my driveway with about 2 inches but barely touches on my exhaust dump.
 
I had a Hughes deep pan but have also ran the cast aluminium low profile pan. On a TTA I would rather run the low profile style.
 
Back
Top