What's new
TurboTransAm.com

Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members.

Resurrection of my TTA

And that depend's on the speed..... this car's were designed for top speed , not 1/4 mile.
Yes, the faster you go, the more down force, so therefore the faster you go around a turn, the more down force you can obtain to keep the rear wheels from sliding around right :D
So....to make up for the 13 lb lighter wing, you need to go X mph faster in the turn to make up for the weight difference in down force???

So there you go, get the lighter wing and drive faster!
 
Anybody in northern NJ know of a good paint /auto body shop with experience with f body/TTA. Need to get some estimates for paint job?

I am in the south/central Jersey area about hour 10 min south of Garfiled Clifton area. I not sure of anybody who would have experience with a f body/tta precisely. Most guys just paint whatever their customers bring in. Now there are a few restorations guys down here that supposedly of good work. I have used Quality Auto body in burlington for some of my cars in the past.

I will ask my family up in North Jersey to see if they know anybody.

Check out blast labs as well, i here they do decent work not sure on what thought.
 
Amitch,
Thanks for the info
I just called a local guy and he told me that they don't do full repaints. Where have all the good body shops gone? Anyways thanks guys for any info you guys can provide me
Thanks again
Adrian
 
Amitch,
Thanks for the info
I just called a local guy and he told me that they don't do full repaints. Where have all the good body shops gone? Anyways thanks guys for any info you guys can provide me
Thanks again
Adrian

Where have all the good body shop's gone ? A bad economy hurt's good people..
 
I know 2 personal friends that own paint and body shops that will do some work for me, but say to never recommend them to other hot rodders as they prefer to do insurance claims only since those folks are as picky, and they would never do a complete repaint as there just isnt enough $$ in it if the person is picky. But that said, one that is an old high school friend has done a few TTA spoilers besides mine :)
 
I know 2 personal friends that own paint and body shops that will do some work for me, but say to never recommend them to other hot rodders as they prefer to do insurance claims only since those folks are as picky, and they would never do a complete repaint as there just isnt enough $$ in it if the person is picky. But that said, one that is an old high school friend has done a few TTA spoilers besides mine :)

Exactly the same situation as my body guy. He will do stuff for personal friends, but prefers insurance jobs as he makes more $$ with less effort. He is very talented, but there is no money in total repaints, just lots of labor and very finicky classic car people (me being one of them-lol)
 
Where have all the good body shop's gone ? A bad economy hurt's good people..

Robert is correct. Economy. When i went to school for body & collision most if not all my instructors previously owned body shops...more money in teaching and guaranteed income. Thats why i took body & collision....to repaint my TTA and TAs i sell.
 
image.jpeg image.jpeg Well I finally found a shop willing to take on the task of resurrecting my TTA
Here are some crappy cell phone pics as she is flat bedded away to the body shop
 
Last edited:
Ok so here is a pic of the car in the body shop being deconstructed and stripping all the paint. They are getting ready to pull the motor and tranny so I see it as perfect opportunity to have the engine refreshed including replace vac/hoses maybe be add some more hp and bring the power plant to 20th century and add some bling to match the soon to be freshly painted exterior/engine bay. So my next question is ???who do I bring it to????so please any info and recommended places are welcome!!!
Thanks
Adrian
 
its been awhile since I last gave an update will post some more pics soon. I decided to remove all suspension parts and strip the bottom of the car to bare metal as well and get it ready for paint. I have a question for you guys should I leave the center molding strip on the doors off? I've seen some cars without and I think it makes the car look good. just wanted to know whats the general census? molding or no molding?
 
subscribed, I just got a TTA myself that was used as a driver and needs to be restored! Keep the updates coming
 
Robert, he could be talking about the black plastic skirting that is along the sides, some TTAs have it and some ones don't!
And then again he could be talking about the white painted strip that runs along the doors and etc.
It does look better with the strip left on the door!
 
Last edited:
Back
Top