Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members.
I see what you are talking about, the door guards, personally i would put them back but most people have a love/hate with them but in the end its your car... whatever floats your boat as they say.
Wow great work and doing it the right way ... will be very nice once done that's for sure.
Take lots of pictures and share with us all and any questions you might have let us know; I did mine back in 2004 so had it all apart and put it together with all new stuff where needed so been there and happy to help if you get stuck and have questions.
The tech term for those is body side molding. Their purpose is to prevent door dings. Depending on what you do with your car, (show or driver) should help you decide if you want them or not. They came with them from the factory, so if you are doing a stock resto, you would probably want them back on. Not trying to sound like a smart a--, I am very familiar with these because after my car was repainted, the moldings are mounted incorrectly-about an inch to low.
I think they make the car look good, kind of adds to the lines of it.
I hAve spent alot of time and $ finding gm nos seals. Word of wisdom from my experience is nos seals is not the way to go because the shit has been sitting on shelf for 25 years and had curled of warped out of shape. Don't waist ur time buy new repoduction.