Does anyone know the # of the TTA that Sam Kinison owned?

I just bought #844 and it originated in Del Mar, CA and Sam Kinison used to live in Oceanside CA. That is only 24 miles from where he used to live. Does anyone know the # of the car that he used to own? The history of my new car between 1989 and 1996 seems to be, well a mystery until it was retitled in AZ. Thoughts?ttarider

PhillyTurboSix

Administrator
Staff member
Well rumor was that it was rebuilt and put back into service. Can you find any frame repairs underneath? I'm sure if you look around the car close you should be able to find signs of repaired damage.

I came across a post from a guy that owned #0365 that said he bought it at Shaver Pontiac in Thosand Oaks CA. He said they had 2 on the lot and that Sam Kinison bought the other one.

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
Ok so I looked at all my records and nothing down as being owned by Sam ...

However, got a note for no 365 it's originaly sold by Shaver as already mentioned and only other car sold by that same dealer (look at the zone dealer code in the PAS records) is no 1446.

No 1446 got 2 entries; one as a t-top/leather and other as a hardtop leather (I beleive hardtop / leather is correct) ... and a note with 60k miles on it back in April 2009 ... owned by a guy in Huston Tx at the time.

Could this be Sam's TTA???

ttanotchback

You know that car is out there somewhere....

There was a web page from a guy who was in canada long time back, he bought a wrecked 89 TTA and put everything from the car on a 1983 TA chasis, but it a 89 TTA now. I can't remember web page or if it's even still around

Last edited:

Jan Larsson

Administrator
Staff member
compnine.com don't have our cars in their database unfortunately.

As I mentioned I got 1446 as both a t-top (very early entry in my database) and then in 2009 as a hardtop ... Scott Kelly will be giving us all the details of roof and interior trim very soon so then we will know for sure if 1446 left the factory as a t-top or hardtop ...

mr.turbota

Super Moderator
Staff member
That guy who transplanted everything over to the '83,
Did so, because his dad drove the 20th TTA, and crashed it before the kid could drive it.
I believe he use to be on the TTA Maillist many years back, and that's where I heard the story.

George :beach:

compnine.com don't have our cars in their database unfortunately.

As I mentioned I got 1446 as both a t-top (very early entry in my database) and then in 2009 as a hardtop ... Scott Kelly will be giving us all the details of roof and interior trim very soon so then we will know for sure if 1446 left the factory as a t-top or hardtop ...
Well that sucks.They seem to have all the PAS info on Syclones/Typhoons, unlike Scott's site.

(Can we get a little nibble Scott? Anything?)

Seriously we are sitting on the edge of our seats.

As usual....

Last edited:

TT/Ameasap

Didn't Sam's brother get on the old website and say he had it crushed? I remember something like that because I couldn't believe he actually posted or someone from here contacted him and he posted the reply. Im almost positive it's crushed guys.

I just bought #844 and it originated in Del Mar, CA and Sam Kinison used to live in Oceanside CA. That is only 24 miles from where he used to live. Does anyone know the # of the car that he used to own? The history of my new car between 1989 and 1996 seems to be, well a mystery until it was retitled in AZ. Thoughts?ttarider
I just bought car 844 this week. It's been wrecked in the front and damage looks consistent with the pic of kinison's car. Was car wrecked when you owned it

Hello I now own 844 could you please contact me at 217-357-1167

Top Bottom