kidsixpack
Silver Member
Wow! The pictures are great! Seeing the car like that just reminds me of just how special these cars are.
Great story Too!
KID
Great story Too!
KID
He should take the offer of 40K. It is beautiful but I doubt it is worth more then that. Check out what has not sold over on Ebay recently.
Yes, 40k is a pretty generous offer. I recall another extremely low mile TTA (I think less than 500 miles although not a festival car) that was advertised on ebay and maybe here long ago for 50k. The problem with the TTA is that it has a very small following and doesnt attract the high roller spenders that bid on Barrett Jackson. For the sake of all our cars' values and for Walt, I wish it would.
Looks like he went crazy with some black paint under there.
He has a large amount of original documentation... again, the original owner is several years deceased and a lot of the items were squirreled away for many years, both in the car and in her home. The car is further verified by a current GM Employee who is currently in upper mid-level GM Management/had stored the car all these years.
Jan - did you see the low mile GN barn find over on Turbobuicks that had some rust underneath? I think Dennis Kirban found it. The owner had it sent to a resto shop and they removed the rust with a liquid treatment. It looked like it was factory fresh when they were done, aside from some minor pitting.
If someone is trying to fetch top dollar for a low mileage original, slathering rust in black paint is not going to cut it. This is about the most money I have ever seen a Turbo Trans Am for sale at. What he did to the undercarriage isn't acceptable at that price.
Hemmings ... 1989 Pontiac Trans Am Indy 500 Pace Car for sale | Hemmings Motor News
Check out the transmission and engine cross members, A-arms etc. ... all black (not sure if paint or something else but not what you would expect a low mileage car to look like) ... same with torque arm, rear control arms and looks like the same "treatment" done to the rear axle.
Don't get me wrong some of those parts should be black from the factory however these do lock painted (including some of the bolts) ... and the a-arms for instance have no paint on them at the very ends (2 inches or so) ...
Shame really
I do not understand the hostility here...![]()
Yep - best of luck with the sale. I honestly hope you get good money for the car. These cars need a boost in the sales department. They don't get the recognition they deserve.No harm intended, I do agree with 8289ta on the painted things. Best of luck with the car and with the sell.
